My Girl - Gunnar x Reader

"You are really pathetic; you know that don't you?" Christmas said, not bothering to look up from his hand of cards.

He knew all too well what Gunnar was looking at, or should that be who Gunnar was looking at, that he didn't even have to look at him.

Gunnar took another large gulp from his beer bottle and glared at Christmas.

"What are you talking about now? And who the hell you calling pathetic?" Gunnar growled, banging his bottle down on the table in front of him.

"I'm calling you pathetic. You have been mooning around after (Y/n) since Barney bought her in, it's like watching some lovesick teenager, the only things your missing are a bad case of acne, and a permanent hard on." Christmas told Gunnar, as Caesar and Toll tried to stifle their laughter.

It was true; ever since Barney had brought the new recruit to meet them, Gunnar hadn't been able to take his eyes off her, and if she wasn't with them, he couldn't stop talking about her. The rest of the boys could see why the large man might be ever so slightly obsessed; not only was she beautiful, but she was also intelligent and incredibly deadly; she loved fast bikes, big guns, and even bigger men, and when (Y/n) and Gunnar were together in the field, she was the calming influence that he needed. Since (Y/n) had become an Expendable, Gunnar had been easier to get along with, not as quick tempered, and strangely nice to be around.

Barney had reluctantly told (Y/n) about Gunnar's addictions in the past, trying to help explain away some of his stranger behaviour, but as she had explained, she had realised something of that sort must have been the case; she had seen many ex-servicemen become addicted to one drug or another in an attempt to deal with things they had seen and done, and whatever the reason was in Gunnar's case, she wasn't one to judge.

Christmas turned around to look at the person that Gunnar was once again staring at; there was (Y/n) playing pool with Galgo, swaying her hips to the music, as Galgo got closer and closer until eventually his arms were around her, helping her cue up her next shot. Turning back to look at the large Swede next to him, Christmas could see his teeth clench and his grip on the bottle in his hand grow tighter, and he could swear that he could hear Gunnar growl.

"You know, if you don't tell her how you feel soon, someone else is gonna snap her up. It's not just Galgo that's interested, you only have to look around the bar to see that over half the men in here are staring at her. Just go talk to her!" Christmas said, pushing Gunnar's feet off the table and back onto the floor.

Gunnar looked over at (Y/n), she was sat on the edge of the pool table with Galgo by her side, and it was quite obvious to even a blind man that Galgo was flirting outrageously with the dark haired beauty.

"I don't think she's interested." Gunnar said, as he looked back at Christmas.

"Looks like she's more interested in the little guy." He grumbled, his eyes darting back to the pair as he heard (Y/n) giggle.

"Christmas is right, you really are pathetic. (Y/n) isn't interested in Galgo, she likes her men, big, blonde, Swedish and dumb." Toll said, throwing down his cards on the table.

"How the hell do you know that?" Gunnar asked an exacerbated Toll.

"Because unlike other member of this team, I am able to converse with women on a deeper level, a more in tune level; I don't think that, "woman you have a booty to die for" is the height of sophisticated conversation when dealing with beautiful, intelligent women." Toll said, staring at Caesar who simply shrugged his shoulders as he remembered the teams last night out on the town.

"She thinks that Galgo is funny, and she likes his company; but he has no chance of anything going any further than a few beers and a game of pool. (Y/n) is the kind of woman that likes the strong, silent type, and you are our resident strong but broody type, so you're a lot closer to the kind of man she likes than Galgo." Toll told Gunnar, as he dealt the next round of cards.

"So, she likes her men big, blonde and Swedish, does she?" Gunnar said, looking back over a (Y/n), a big grin forming on his lips.

"Am I speaking another language? Didn't I just say that?" Toll said, looking at Christmas and Caesar who simply sat there shaking their heads.

"Well? Are you going to do something about it, or are you gonna carry on drooling from a far?" Toll asked, as Gunnar put down his beer.

As Gunnar slowly made his way over to where (Y/n) and Galgo talked, he couldn't help but feel his blood boil as he saw Galgo softly brush some flyaway hairs behind (Y/n)'s ears, getting a little too close for the big man's liking.

Galgo gulped as he felt a large hand on his shoulder. "Gunnar's behind me, isn't he?" Galgo asked, looking at a nodding, smiling (Y/n).

"Er.... if you will excuse me (Y/n) I think I hear Barney calling." Galgo said, moving away as quickly as he could.

"Hi." (Y/n) said, looking up at Gunnar, biting her bottom lip and blushing as his blue eyes scanned her face.

"Pool?" Gunnar asked, moving over to rack up the balls.

"Oh, ok." (Y/n) said, jumping down off the table, hoping that Gunnar was going to say something more than one syllable words.

"So?" Gunnar said, as he leaned over the table, and broke up the balls. He wasn't normally quiet around women, in fact he was usually more flirtatious; but there was something about the woman that currently was leaning against her pool cue staring at him, that made him want to do things right, and that was making him nervous.

"Gunnar, are you going to carry on like this, conversing with one word questions? Because if you are, I'm just going to go and find Galgo." (Y/n) said, throwing her cue on the table.

As she went to walk away, Gunnar grabbed her wrist and pulled her into him, holding her tightly to his chest.

"So, you like your men big, blonde and Swedish, do you?" Gunnar asked, as he brushed his thumb across her blushing cheek.

"Maybe." (Y/n) said, motioning for him to bring his head down so that she could place a soft kiss to his lips.

"I tell you what." She said, as she wrapped her arms around his neck.

"Why don't you take me back to my apartment, and you can teach me how to get my tongue around the finer intricacies of the Swedish language." (Y/n) said, wriggling her eyebrows at Gunnar.

(Y/n) squealed as Gunnar suddenly picked her up in his arms and made for the door of the bar; as he walked past the boys table, he stopped and glared at Galgo.

"MY GIRL!" Gunnar growled, as (Y/n) kissed his cheek.

Kicking the doors open he carried (Y/n) out, leaving the other cheering and clapping Expendables behind.