The Aussie - Part 2

Ok, so I was asked to do a second part for this imagine, so here goes 😁🔪🗡️💥

"What the hell is that?" Gunnar grumbled, as he watched (Y/n) produce a large blade that had previously been concealed within its sheath and a length of silken material.

The team were headed for an area between Cambodia, Laos and Vietnam; a team of journalists reporting on landmines, and unexploded munitions from the Vietnam war had been taken hostage by a group of pirates that roamed the waterways between the three countries; but unfortunately for the pirates, the camera man was the son of a very important senator, and (Y/n) had been sent with the boys to get the young man and the rest of his crew back.

"This, is what is known as a katana, its name is Tenken, or Heavenly Punishment for those of you that don't understand Japanese." (Y/n) told the large Swede, as she produced a cloth and began to oil the blade.

"Where did you get it? eBay?" Gunnar chuckled, only stopping when (Y/n) stopped what she was doing and looked up at him.

"I'll have you know, meatball, that this is a Shinshinto sword made in 1850 from tamahagane steel, folded a thousand times to eliminate impurities; its tsuka is made of hinoki wood covered in ray skin to guarantee a good grip, and then braided in the finest silken rope. It was presented to me by a great Japanese Kengou, when I became a master of the sword myself. So, to answer your question, no, I did not get it from eBay." (Y/n) growled, as she went back to oiling the blade.

"Did she just call me meatball?" Gunnar asked, grumbling as Caesar began to laugh.

"Yeah. Why didn't I ever think of that? (Y/n) ya brilliant." Caesar said, holding his sides as Gunnar glared at him.

"Could I see." Christmas asked, as he sat next to (Y/n) having heard the conversation from the cockpit.

"Sure." (Y/n) smiled, as she rose to her feet and bowed as she presented the sword to Christmas.

"It's beautiful, one of the finest blades I have ever seen, how do you know so much about the culture?" Christmas asked, as his fingers brushed softly over the fine steel.

"My dad was a Professor of Asian History, and he worked in the university of Tokyo when I was a kid, so I was basically bought up there; as a result, I speak fluent Japanese as well as a couple of other languages. When I was old enough, I was sent to classes to learn Kenjutsu, and Kendo, and I stuck with it even when I returned to Oz." (Y/n) explained, as Christmas handed her back the precious blade.

"Don't ya have to draw blood with that thing before ya can return it to its scabbard?" Toll asked, as he watched (Y/n) delicately clean the blade.

"Nah, that's like an old wife's tale, and is really associated with a legend surrounding a demonic curse on a Marumasa blade, not all katana." (Y/n) told Toll, as Barney called out from the cockpit.

"Ok guys, we should be at the landing strip in ten minutes." Barney told the team, prompting (Y/n) to return her blade to its scabbard.

"You'll have ta show me how ta use that one day." Christmas said, as he stood to make his way back to the cockpit to re-join Barney.

"Any time pom, any time." (Y/n) chuckled, giving Christmas a sly wink.

As the plane touched down, and the team grabbed their gear to begin their slog towards their main objective, the Mekong River, which was 10 klicks from their current position.

The objective was simple, locate the pirates and rescue the Senators son and the rest of his crew; but given the region that they were headed into, that could be easier said than done. Drummer had given Barney satellite maps of the area, showing what appeared to be some kind of floating fortified island at one side of the great river, intelligence had confirmed that this was where the hostages were being held, but the over grown semi-evergreen deciduous forest of the region was going to make even getting to the river difficult.