Unexpected visitor - Part 3 - Gunnar x Reader

The old Russian plane purred happily, as (Y/n) put it through its paces. The bucket of bolts never sounding better, as the young Jensen kept her level at ten thousand feet.

The men had to admit that they were impressed. It was obvious that (Y/n) was an excellent pilot. That it was a shame that she had had to resign her commission so that she could look after her mother in her last few months. Yet the air forces loss, could be the Expendables gain. Barney looking over at Christmas; neither man having to say anything. Both knowing that whether Gunnar liked it or not, they might just have found the newest member of the team. Both men hoping that she was as equally talented in other areas, as she was at piloting the plane.

"She might not look pretty, but for an old lady she is certainly smooth." (Y/n) suddenly said, as she flicked a switch over her head.

"But with your permission, I'd like to give her a bit more of a push. See what she can really do." The young Jensen continued, as she looked at Barney. A broad smile once again kissing her lips, as Barney simply nodded in agreement.

"May I suggest that you gentlemen strap yourselves down to anything that won't move. Me and the old girl are gonna have some fun." (Y/n) added with a chuckle, as she looked at Christmas, Caesar and her father. The three quickly moving into the back of the plane and strapping themselves in, before the plane began to twist and turn. The young woman making the bucket of bolts do things that it really shouldn't be able to do. The ex-air force captain using the stick as if it were an extension of her own arm. Flicking switches without even having to turn her attention from the world that lay beyond the nose of the plane. Barney sure that he had never seen anyone more at one with a machine, than (Y/n) was with that plane. The big man only able to imagine what she could do behind the controls of a fighter plane.

"I think that should be it for the day. I can still feel a little bit of a judder from the left hand engine. But other than that, your girl is good to go, Barney." (Y/n) finally said, as she levelled off at ten thousand feet again.

"Then take her home, captain.........." Barney replied, as he pulled out a large cigar from his top pocket and lit it.

"Yes sir.........Tower this is Antonov An-26 Charlie Tango. Requesting permission to land.........."

"Antonov An-26 Charlie Tango, this is tower. Turn left heading two-seven-zero to intercept the localizer, cleared ILS runway three. Maintain two-thousand-five-hundred feet until established." Came the crackly reply.

"Turn left heading two-seven-zero, cleared ILS runway three, maintain two-thousand-five-hundred feet until established. Antonov An-26 Charlie Tango." (Y/n) reiterated, the young Jensen skilfully turning the plane. The airport slowly coming back into view.

>>--------------------------------<<

"Hope you boys don't need new shorts." (Y/n) chuckled, as she and Barney appeared from the cockpit. The old plane now back down on terra firma.

"Nope. But we might just have to prise Caesars fingernails out of the arm rests of that seat." Christmas laughed in reply.

"Though that said, I think Gunnar might have turned a shade whiter than he already was." Christmas added, as he rose and stood by (Y/n)'s side. Gunnar grumbling under his breath, as he pulled at the seat belt buckle. The big Swede seeming to find it impossible to get out of. Gunnar looking up, as a smaller hand pushed his out of the way and pulled at the latch. The belt falling to his sides.

"They can be a little tricky in these older planes. They stick." (Y/n) told her father, reassuringly. Patting his hand before she stood up straight. A rather cheery Englishman once again placing his arm around her shoulders.

"Personally, all I can say is, if ya as good with a gun as you are with this plane, its gonna be a pleasure having you around. That, and ya prettier than this ugly trio. Now, let me show you your humble living quarters." Christmas continued, as he escorted (Y/n) over to the back of the plane and helped her out onto the runway.

>>--------------------------------<<

(Y/n) looked at the little room. Barney had been right, it wasn't perfect. But there again she wouldn't be there long. She would find an apartment and be out of there before she knew it. And it did take some pressure off her. A hotel room in New Orleans not the cheapest. Especially as it was coming up to Mardi Gras.

"Like I said, it ain't much. But the cots only been used a couple of times, and........."

"No, no. Its fine. I assure you that I've slept in worst places. It will be great until I can find a real place to live." (Y/n) interrupted, as Barney set the cot out on the floor.

"That a girl. I'm sure that I have a few spare blankets and things that you can have................"

"That won't be necessary. I will get (Y/n) anything that she needs." Gunnar interjected. The big man glaring at Christmas until he backed away from his daughter.

"Thank you all. Its so nice of you. Especially as none of you know me. But I promise, I'll do whatever you need me to do around here. I can look after the plane. I can fix engines on most things. I can even push a broom around and clean up a little if you want. Anything so that I can stay around for a little while. So I can get to know.................."

"What the hell's going on? I saw our plane doing damn stunts as I was driving here. You been puffing on something other than cigars Barn...........Well hello there. And who might this beautiful young lady be? Please tell me that you have nothing to do with any of these four. Please tell me that you would like something to do with me.............." Doc said, as he and the others made their way into the small back room. The medic slowly taking (Y/n)'s hand before kissing her knuckles.

"She has something to do with me. And as long as I'm breathing, she won't be having anything to do with you or any of you." Gunnar growled, as he came up behind (Y/n) and pulled her hand from Docs.

"I'm not letting my daughter get caught up with anyone like me..............."

"Daughter!" Doc and the other newcomers exclaimed at the same time. The men looking over to a nodding Barney, Christmas and Caesar. All of them now more interested in the beautiful young woman, than they already had been. All of them wanting to know how Gunnar could have fathered something that looked so perfect.