Mystery - Part 1 - Church x Reader

Request for superpotteramerica. Hope you all enjoy.

The dark car hid in the shadow of the street. The man inside watching, as a woman made her way in through the door of her home. He knew that he shouldn't be there. That he shouldn't have been there all the other times that he had sat watching from across the road. But.............here he was, again.

In truth, Church knew that he had better things to do, than act like some kind of creepy stalker. But, there was something about this woman, that seemed to draw him back night after night. Perhaps it was the fact that she was a mystery, that she had eluded him at every turn. That he was more curious and intrigued by her than he had been of anyone before, and he hated it. But, whatever it was..........here he was again.

If asked, he would truthfully be able to say that it was nothing to do with the fact that she was beautiful, which she undoubtedly was, no; it was more due to the fact that even given his job, he couldn't find anything about her. Nothing. Nothing that would scratch that itch that had continued to gnaw at the back of his mind. And that was the reason that he once again was sat in his car.

He had first met his mystery woman when Barney had come along to be informed of the latest mission that Church was going to stick the big man and the rest of the little rascals with. The CIA agent doing his very best to not look surprised when she had suddenly appeared from behind Bam-Bam. When she had hung around as the two men spoke. The lady even interjecting at one point. Bending down to whisper in Barney's ear. Her gaze never leaving that of the company man, as she continued to speak to the head of the Expendables. A soft smile kissing her lips, as she finished. Barney now turning to look at Church, before giving him his reasons why he and the others wouldn't be doing this latest "chance to get yourself killed" mission. The agent annoyed when he found that he hadn't been able to argue. Even his threats falling on deaf ears as Barney and the woman had turned to leave. The company man calling out and asking for the female's name. The lady simply answering with one word as she climbed onto the back of Barney's bike.

"(Y/n)...................." The name hanging in the cool night air, as Church watched the pair ride away.

Since then, the agent had done all he could to find out anything about her. Feeling frustrated at every turn, as nothing came up on any of his usual databases. When file after file had not been open to him. Church in the end, only able to ascertain her full name, and that she had served in the Military Intelligence Corps. So, due to this; due to this frustration and his need to know. Due to his desire to find out how she had been able to turn the tide on him, in his conversation with Ross, he had found himself scoping out her home. Found himself watching her in hopes of getting the information that he so desperately wanted.

Suddenly the passenger door to his car opened, the agent's eyes growing wide as a muzzle of a gun appeared, slowly followed by a black clad figure. Church only able to see the assailant's eyes and mouth under the ski mask that covered the person's head.

"You do know that this is getting a little creepy, don't you? I mean, its not like it was just one night. It's been a few...........quite a few." A female voice said. Church watching as the ski mask was removed to reveal the woman that he was supposed to be watching.

"What..............I haven't? How did you...........................?"

"Please don't bother denying it, Church. I don't like my intelligence insulted. And, there is more than one way out of my house, you know." (Y/n) told him, as she placed her mask, and thankfully the gun in her lap before closing the car door and getting comfortable.

"Now.........I presume all of this is due to the fact that you haven't been able to find out a single thing about me.............? Like the old saying goes.........curiosity killed the cat. Or, in this case..........the Church." (Y/n) continued. A small smile coming to her lips, as she saw the look on the agents face. His eyes darting between her own orbs and the gun in her lap that still had her fingers wrapped around the grip.

(Y/n) had to admit that she did find this all a little amusing. For as much as the agent thought he had been watching her, it was she in fact that had been watching him. She had joined the ragtag bunch of men that called themselves the Expendables, six months ago; quickly finding a place among their ranks. Barney interested in what she could do given her old job. (Y/n) more than happy to help the team in any way that was needed. Yet it was when she had heard Barney talk about the CIA agent, that she had really come into her own. The intelligence expert talking the big man into letting her join him the next time that this Church had come up with a new way that they could get themselves killed. (Y/n) not having to wait long before the meeting had come about.

She of course had done her research before the meeting, finding out all she could about the agent. Yet as she had appeared from around Barney, (Y/n) had to confess that the picture in his file hadn't done him justice. Doing her best to not smile, as the eyes of the older man had looked her over. As he had appeared confused and intrigued by her presence at the meeting. As he had kept turning his attention to her, as she had watched the interaction between the men. But what had been the most amusing, was the fact that she had been able to turn his little games against him, with her whispered advice to Barney. (Y/n) having to admit that watching him squirm had made her chuckle. But now, as he sat across from her, she knew that she was going to have to put him out of his misery. That she was going to have to explain a few things to him. That she was going to have to have to explain the mystery that she was. Well.........maybe after a little more fun..............