The package - Part 3 - Expendables x Reader

Another day, another dollar, the hanger full of the team, the majority of whom had just stowed away and cleaned everything, ready for their next job and were now playing cards as Christmas tried to work out how he had ended up washing the windshield of the bucket of bolts. Sure, that he had never volunteered for this. Barney just shaking his head and rubbing the engine oil from his hands as he once again serviced the old plane. Ignoring Lee's complaints and suggestions that the thing should be thrown on the nearest scrap heap.

Since the day that they had brought Church's package back to the States, Barney had not heard a word from the agent, and although he had no problem with that, he had to admit that he had a terrible sense of doom. An awful feeling that when Church finally did reappear, he would come with something bad. But seeing that he hadn't had the displeasure of seeing that shiny, bald head and smug smile, Barney hadn't had chance to ask about the woman that they had rescued. But that didn't mean that he, that Lee and the others hadn't been thinking about her.

Barney, Lee and Doc had been surprised that day. Surprised at the activity that the woman that they had rescued, had caused. Surprised by Church and how he had spoken to her. How he had treated her. It obvious that the package must either know something very, very important, or............she was herself very, very important to someone; but either way, none of them believed that they would get the answers that they wanted. Barney sure that the next time that he did meet the company man, he would conveniently have forgotten all about the incident. Maybe even claiming that it never happened, which wouldn't surprise anyone. The big man continuing to ignore Lee's complaints, as he pulled a cigar from his top pocket, bit of the end and lit it. Shaking his head as it became obvious that Gunnar had lost yet another round of cards.

                                                    >>-----------------------------------<<

"Ma'am. I wouldn't recommend this. You've been through so much and you're still not fully healed, and it could be dangerous..............."

"Look doctor, as much as I appreciate your concern and understand what you're saying, I assure you that I have done far more dangerous things in my time than drag my sorry ass out of that bed. That, and as much as I still feel like shit, I know that I will recover better if I am in my own bed." The woman interrupted, as she did her best to pull on her clothes.

As much as she knew that she was really in no fit state to move after what had happened to her. As much as she could feel the stitches pull and her broken bones scream for her to just get back in the hospital bed, as much as she knew that he would kill her when he found out, she had to get out of there. She hated hospitals, always had done and this time was no exception. So, she was leaving, whether anyone liked it or not.

"Now..............she continued, as she carefully looked through the closed blinds that covered the windows of her room. Her eyes scanning the corridor outside, looking for anyone that she had a feeling had been ordered to watch her.

"How the hell do I get out of here..................?"

                                                     >>----------------------------------<<

She groaned as she climbed into the cab. It feeling as though it was hard to breath, as she just sat there. But the hardest part was over. She had avoided the plain clothed guards thanks to the doctor that had reluctantly agreed to help her, and she had got out of the hospital without drawing any attention to herself. But now, now she had one more thing to do before she made her way back to her apartment. One more thing to do, before he was informed that she had left, and he came to find her so that he could drag her back and have extra people placed outside her room.

When she had woken up in the hospital bed, she had managed to get him to tell her how she had got home. He hadn't wanted to, but she had forced him. Forced him to tell her about the team that he had sent in after her, and now she wanted to find them; to thank them before she lost the chance.

"Where to.................?" The driver finally enquired; her head slowly rising from the back of the seat as she informed him of the little airport that she wanted to go to.

                                                      >>-------------------------------<<

Toll looked out of the hangar doors as he heard a car pull up outside. His brows furrowing as he saw a cab stop.

"Hey, Barn...........you expecting a visitor........?" The demolitions expert enquired, as he turned to look to where Barney still had his head stuck in one of the old engines.

"No.........why.............?" Came the slightly muffled reply.

"Because someone is coming this way, and it's a lady..............." Toll continued. Chuckling as Christmas suddenly stuck his head out of the plane window and all the others turned to look at him. Barney looking up just as the woman managed to make it to the door.

"I............I'm looking for the Expendables..............."