I love you. Dumbass! - Part 2 - Gunnar x Reader

So, this is the second part of the imagine for _Rhapsody_ . Hope you all enjoy.

The rest of the team tried not to laugh as Gunnar growled for what must have been the hundredth time since they had stepped foot in Rusty's. Since the day that (Y/n) had gone to Gunnar's place to check on him, the two had become almost inseparable. And the big Swede had begun to change even more for the better. Well, apart from a huge jealous streak that he had developed. And it was a jealous streak that anyone that got too close to (Y/n), found out about.

"Gunnar. I swear if you growl one more time, I am gonna call tha zoo and tell them that one of their animals has escaped. Get them ta bring a tranquiliser gun down here and drag ya ass away." Barney told him, as he looked over at the big man whose eyes were firmly set on (Y/n). The female mercenary standing next to the old fashioned jukebox, picking out songs with Doc.

"What are you talkin about. I ain't growling." Gunnar huffed, as he finally turned his gaze from (Y/n), and took a gulp of beer from the bottle in his hand.

"Are you shitting me? The other day when I was helping (Y/n) into the plane, I thought a goddamn grizzly bear was behind me." Christmas chimed in, as he looked over at where (Y/n) was stood.

"I turned around and I thought that ya were gonna rip my head off." Christmas added, shaking his head as the big blonde began to pout like a child having a tantrum.

"Christmas has a point, Gunnar. Take last week for example. Galgo just reached around (Y/n), and you thought he was hugging her. Let's just put it this way, it's just a good job that he can run quicker than you, or he'd probably have been torn to shreds." Toll began with a chuckle. The Spaniard taking a seat next to him and wondering why everyone was looking at him and suddenly laughing.

"You know, there's jealous, and then there's jealous. And then there's what you do. Which is beyond jealous. Sometimes a little jealousy isn't a bad thing. It can even make someone feel like you care. But what you're doing, that, well that can really drag someone down. It can make them think that you don't trust them. Make them question if they should be a relationship with you. And if you're not careful, you might push (Y/n) away. You know you can trust her. I mean, it's obvious that she loves you. God knows why. But it's obvious that she does. And if you don't give her some space. If you don't allow her to be herself and interact with people as she always has, then you might turn that love to hate." Toll continued, drawing on all the knowledge that he had picked up on in his time in therapy, and from reading his multitude of self-help books.

"Let's face it. If a woman like (Y/n) can look past the fact that you're a crass, vulgar asshole. Then you shouldn't screw it up." Toll added. The rest of the team not surprised that Toll had made such a good point.

Gunnar looked over as he heard (Y/n) giggle. Doing his best to not allow his blood to boil as Doc seemed to inch just a little closer to her side. He knew that Toll and the others were right. That he was probably, just ever so slightly, well..... jealous. But given his history of substance abuse. Past erratic behaviour. His anger issues. And as Toll had so eloquently put it, that he could be a crass and vulgar asshole, it wasn't every day that someone like (Y/n) actually liked him. Loved him. So now that he finally had her, he wanted to keep her. And he didn't really like the idea of losing her to someone else.

"Will you dance with me, my lady?" Doc announced suddenly. Everyone looking over and seeing the medic bow dramatically before (Y/n), then pull her into his arms. The two moving gracefully around the bar as Marvin Gaye's voice began to fill the air. The words of 'Sexual Healing' filling the big Swede's ears as he almost knocked the table over, getting to his feet.

"Gunnar! Sit ya ass down." Barney warned, as he grabbed hold of Gunnar's wrist. Stopping the big man in his tracks.

"Didn't ya hear a single word that Toll just said? (Y/n)'s having a good time. Doc's not doing anything wrong. And until you can dance like him, I suggest that you take a seat and calm ya ass down." Barney continued, as he pulled Gunnar back into his seat. Gunnar forced to watch as Doc continued to waltz his girlfriend around the pool tables.

"I'll tell ya what, Gunnar. If ya can make it through the rest of the night without losing ya cool. Without growling, or letting the green eyed monster get tha betta of ya. I will personally pay for you and (Y/n) to go on a romantic weekend together. Best hotels and everything. But ya can't tell (Y/n). Ya both have ta stay in tha bar. And ya can't stop (Y/n) from having fun." Barney offered, the others waiting with bated breath as they looked at Gunnar.

"You're on. But I get to choose where we go." Gunnar agreed, as the two big men shook hands. The rest of the team knowing that they were going to make the rest of the evening as difficult for Gunnar as they possibly could.

"Well, I think that I would like to dance with (Y/n) too." Christmas chuckled, as he got to his feet and made his way over to the jukebox. His eyes scanning the list of songs for the sexist one he could find.

"I think that it's my turn." Christmas announced, as he took (Y/n) from Docs arms. Pulling her into his, as the dulcet tones of Ella Fitzgerald sang out 'I just want to make love to you' drifted through the bar. The words of the song making Gunnar want to snap the beer bottle in his hand, in half.

"Ok, Christmas. What the hell is going on? I know you're up to something. And why does Gunnar look like he's trying his best not to Hulk out on us?" (Y/n) asked, as Christmas pulled her even closer.

"Look. We've all noticed how jealous Gunnar is getting. And Toll tried to warn him that he needs to rein it in a little. So, Barney made a deal with him. If Gunnar can behave for the rest of the evening. If he doesn't get jealous and rip someone's head off, then Barney is gonna pay for you two to go away somewhere nice for a romantic weekend. And the big dummy agreed. But we never said that we were going to make it easy for him." Christmas confessed. (Y/n) laughing at the idea but knowing that they were right. And that Gunnar needed to see that there was no need to be as jealous as he was.

"Fine. I'll go with it. But just don't take it too far. I don't want there to be a massacre in here. And I could really use a nice weekend away." (Y/n) continued to laugh, as Christmas elegantly dipped her backwards and brought her back up so he could look her straight in the eyes.

                                                            >>-------------------------------<<

Gunnar sat at the table, drumming his fingers on the wooden surface. He had watched all night as one teammate after another had got up and danced with (Y/n). As each one had made her laugh. As each one of them got a little closer than he liked. But he was doing this for (Y/n). Doing this to prove the others wrong. Doing this so he could whisk (Y/n) away on a romantic weekend, where he could have (Y/n) all to himself as they enjoyed the sun in Maui.

Barney had to admit that he was actually quite surprised by how well Gunnar was doing. Especially given how hard the others had been working to push the big Swede to the edge. And now as the night was drawing to a close, Barney had to put his hands up and accept that Gunnar had actually done it.

"Hi, big guy." (Y/n) whispered in Gunnar's ear as she came up behind him. Draping her arms around his neck.

"You've done so well. I'm so proud of you." (Y/n) continued, as she moved around and sat on her boyfriend's knee. Gunnar looking at her as he wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her close.

"You knew what we were doing?" Gunnar asked as (Y/n) looked over at a smiling Barney.

"Of course, I did. There wasn't one of them that didn't enjoy telling me about the bet. I am so proud of you that you got through it. And now you can see that you don't have to be jealous, cos I love you, you big dumbass." (Y/n) told him, as she kissed him on the lips before getting to her feet and pulling Gunnar up behind you.

"Now, I think next weekend would be nice for our romantic getaway. But until then I need to take this big meatball home and make up for you guys punishing all night." (Y/n) told Barney and the others, before pulling Gunnar to the door. Leaving the rest of the team to do nothing more than shake their heads and laugh.

"I love you. Dumbass." (Y/n) said softly, as she and Gunnar walked arm in arm along the quiet street. (Y/n) knowing that it didn't really matter where Gunnar had chosen for them to go, as she had no intention of letting him leave the bedroom until the big guy had realised just how much she really did love him.