Chapter 6

Ali's P.O.V.

Silence.

That's all that's around, ever since Alicia and I went down the lobby to meet up with the others. I noticed that Alicia seemed... in daze. The way she looks at a distance, as if she's in deep thought. But I can't seem to put a finger onto what exactly she's thinking about. I don't have the ability to read people like how she can, yet it makes me worry to see her staring far off in her own little world.

I thought about, maybe she's still upset about the events before but its not like Alicia to think for long about things that passed. She believes that the past stays in the past, so she shouldn't be thinking of that.

I sighed and shook my head. Alicia and I are now waiting for Moon's group before we head for dinner. It didn't take too long though, the girls finally arrived. I assumed their time involves grooming Comot since she seems well bathed. Agent Geetha and Agent Rizwan however, I could barely recognize them in their civilian outfit. They look normal for once and not some people working for a secret organization that knows advanced tech which the world yearns for.

Agent Geetha was wearing a butterfly sleeved- floral blouse and a pair of grey jeggings. Her hair is in its original look though while Rizwan was wearing his same ole' jeans, a shirt and a leather jacket over it. I'm surprised that he can last without a lollipop between his lips.

The others? Wearing casual outfits that even I no longer know the names of, but I can say, we look like innocent kids who has nothing to do with facing potential danger on a daily basis instead of being in college.

I shook my head to clear my thoughts and began taking a few steps as Agent Rizwan along with Agent Geetha led us to an area. Which they said there's a buffet area around here, a part of our package for an overnight stay. I recalled the talk I had with Dad a while ago, since it was unexpected that we wont be home. He told me a lot of things I should keep in mind especially when he found out that I'm bunking with Alicia. Although I have no plans of doing anything out of the ordinary, fathers are just like that. I wonder if Alicia talked with the General as well? Or did Agent Geetha told him about her? Just like how Agent Geetha informed the others' parents. Oh well, her business isn't mine, and I'd dare not to intrude.

"Yay! About time I munch on some sweets!" I heard moon squeal out as we entered the area, there's already a table reserved by Rizwan, a giant circular table in the center to fit all of us. I smiled at how Khai had to drag Moon away from the dessert table before she scares the guests near there.

"Desserts are the last course for a reason! If you want to eat then follow the formalities of appetizers and main courses before the desserts." I continued to watch as Khai lectured Moon for a second, and a various series of whining followed by Moon afterwards. I glanced over to Alicia however, she still seemed to be stuck into her own thoughts but went to line up by the plates. Its like her mind is drifting away but her body is conscious, moving automatically as if she is programmed. I bet she can allow her mind to drift off far away while battling enemies and still be the last agent standing.

Sometimes, I wonder though. If I never bought a tampoyak in Wak Musang's stall, if I never discovered I.R.I.S. and if I never became Alicia's partner. I wonder how we are today. I might still be flunking in all my subjects, I might never have found out about my mother's secret and death, I might never became close to Uncle, and I might never became Alicia's friend.

My life wouldn't be this ecstatic and adventurous. Maybe... I'll still be the useless boy I was before. Maybe, I might never discover the place called Pinggiran and help those residents which my mom helped. And I might never have such great companions in the academy. For once, I felt like I have significant value even if I no longer possess I.R.I.S.