Chapter 29

"Agent Geetha, you should rest. You have been staying in the research laboratories for several nights consecutively. This is no longer healthy for your well-being." Agent Rizwan spoke with crossed arms as he watched the woman in a Tekno lab coat.

The woman didn't seem to mind him as she flipped through pages of a book while swiping across articles on the holographic screen on her left side, and data being displayed on the right screen on her desk. "I am perfectly fine, Agent Rizwan." She spoke bluntly, her gaze never leaving the monitor. If it weren't for the blue filter being used over all of the holographic screens, she could've had problems regards her eye sight.

The monochrome dressed agent narrowed his eyes, his keen eyes watching the woman's every move, worry was filling his mind. He has been checking up on her from time to time whenever he is sure that Ali is in good company, and from every time he came here, she will stay in this very room, her eyes glued to the very same blocks of words.

As the days passed, the both of them actively worked together to find quick and safe alternatives to cure Ali's condition, as their sincerity to keep Ali safe and secured has become their number one priority.

He could vaguely remember how much it affected Agent Geetha when she found out about his amnesiac state, how she would often tear up when she's alone, how she would often silently blame herself for not keeping a closer eye on Ali. Yes, he saw that, he heard that.

As an Inviso agent, he has his ways to sneak around without being spotted. He knew it was rude, but what can he do? It pained him to see her blaming herself.

Agent Geetha promised herself to be the mother figure that Ali never had, the mother figure that he longed for since he found out about his mother's involvement in M.A.T.A.

Agent Geetha promised Agent Aliyah back in the past, she promised to keep Ali safe, she promised to ensure that Ali receives the love and care that Agent Aliyah would've given him if she were still alive.

Yet what did she do? She failed.

She could've told Ali about his mother, but she feared that such information might lead to Ali gaining a mental breakdown, the pain that he once went through when he first found out about the truth.

His trust in M.A.T.A. might also dissipate, as such information might place him into a situation far more dangerous than he previously.

"Agent Geetha, listen to me. The General asked me to ensure your condition, to ensure that your research will not be detrimental to your overall health, physically and mentally. Should you refuse, I will have no choice but to force you out of this room." He spoke once again, placing a firm hand on Agent Geetha's shoulder, but she slapped it away, which surprised the agent.

"Agent Rizwan, please! Leave me be! Can't you see I'm busy?!" she suddenly snapped, making Agent Rizwan take a few steps back in defense. He long heard about the woman's temper from the tekno students but to see her raise her tone like this, this is surreal, this is new.

This is unsettling.

"Agent Geetha, I am doing this for your own good. I recommend that you listen to me. I know that you are unsettled with Ali's condition, although, Jenny has promised to give aid in Ali's thorough recovery, you should think and act rationally. You are not the only one hurting, it pains me as well to see Ali, whom we raised and nurtured in this organization, to no longer remember every memory we once shared." He spoke, his voice firm yet sincere.