Chapter 30

That night, was the night where the events continue.

Ali made sure everyone was asleep, he began using new ways to sedate Comot before he leaves, including giving her some kind of scented ball of yarn she could play with, the ball of yarn sprayed with chloroform.

He waited as usual, to see if the cat would fall asleep, and the moment she did, Ali went out.

He left his room in the depths of the night, ensuring that no one caught him or whatsoever. He took out the small phone which Vikram gave him, texting the man that he will meet him in the same place an hour later, in which the man replied, saying he'll meet him too.

Earlier today, he grabbed a small container of Azurium, stuffed it in his bag, and pretended like nothing ever happened. No one caught up to him, nor noticed his odd behavior, most assumed that he was adjusting due to the fact that there's nothing he could remember.

If only they knew that Ali's behavior is linked to his belief of the events.

From that night, he met with Vikram once more, to give him an Azurium crystal at the dead of the night.

Where no one knows, no one sees.

Ali continued his nightly routines of stopping by to give Vikram what he needs, it went on for several more nights, and Comot was actively becoming aware of what's going on, seeing her owner acting so suspicious.

It was a pity that cats can't really speak, a fact that is greatly detrimental to what damage that she could have prevented. However, with her constant meowing to the others of Ali's suspicious behavior, they can't do anything but try to figure out what the feline is saying. In the end, they won't know a thing.

Sometimes, the cat was called 'unreasonable' with what behavior she's showing. Oftentimes, the agents often talked about taking the cat for a check-up.

One of the agents, being Alicia. The cat is too intelligent to be blabbering nonsense. If she seemed to be wary about something, then, something must be wrong, something that requires her utmost attention.

"Comot, come on." Alicia gingerly spoke as she picked the cat in her arms, the cat seemed to relax upon her hold. It seemed to be a woman's instinct, as Comot seemed to understand that Alicia must be picking up on what she wants to imply.

It's a good thing too, Comot couldn't stand seeing something was wrong, yet she feels like she doesn't know why, or what's going on to begin with. She remembers falling asleep as Ali leaves, and waking in an hour much later than her usual waking.

She went over to the tekno building office where the tekno agents are. It seems, amidst the number of agents they have, Jenny was the only one there. Isn't she supposed to be kept hidden and locked in a room with whoever was guarding her? What's her purpose of being here? It doesn't make any sense.

But somehow, no one else was around but Jenny, where are the agents assigned to keep an eye on her?

"There is an emergency which everyone else was required to attend, I can't leave even if I want to." Jenny suddenly spoke, lightly shifting in her sitting position to show the chain that was locked by her ankle was shown, the chain leading up to the leg of the table.