Chapter 28

"Hey...?"

"Hey..."

Awkward silence followed as the two boys greeted each other, with Ali being first. It was night time when Ali returned to the Academy, and the first person he meets face to face with is the Inviso agent he has met with when he stepped into the grounds of the headquarters.

Alicia warned him before that he and Rudy didn't have the best friendship as the others but, at the very least, they are in... neutral terms. That's the best way she could put it without having to mention anything traumatic nor offensive.

The silence was becoming uncomfortable, none of them spoke at all after that one-word greeting. The two girls that accompanied the boys ensured that no fights will occur, but in the process, it became quite uncomfortable as it is.

"So, remember when I punched you-"

"Rudy!"

"I have nothing else to say." Rudy spoke in defense as he saw how Iman is this close to smacking him with her shawl. They practiced this numerous times already!

Just greet the boy, shake hands, and talk about random stuff, that's it! What's so difficult that he couldn't just follow that super simple task? What is he? An introvert?

"Uh... P-Pardon?" Ali uttered while reaching a hand to rub his neck, it was getting real awkward real fast.

"Anyways, we should get in a better setting. The hallways are not really the most comfortable place to talk." Alicia suggested, just to move the conversation to another topic. This isn't really what she expected in all honesty.

The four agents headed up the tekno dormitories, to Ali's room to be precise. The spacious area that fits the young tekno's comfort will ease the tension. Ali's comfort is much needed in order for his recovery, after all.

Ali sat down on his bed; his bedsheets of red adorned with geometric designs of blue was evident alongside his velvet red pillows. Iman and Rudy both sat on the couch which was across from where Ali sat on his bed, the maroon red couch was plump and soft despite the size that fits two people at most. Alicia on the other hand, simply sat on the swivel chair which was 90 degrees away from them on one side, having one leg over the other with arms crossed from where the desktop set which he had in the room.

It was utter silence at first before Alicia proposed something. "How about I get us some refreshments? Any preference? Tea? Juice?" she questioned, standing and clasping her hands together in anticipation of a response.

The young tekno smiled. "Water sounds nice, thanks, Alicia." He spoke, while Rudy and Iman mentioned that they'd like the same thing.

The young neuro agent soon left, leaving the three in silence.

Actually, Ali felt better this way. No one would keep monitoring him even for a slight moment. Especially, with people who has been eyeing him suspiciously for a few days now.

"So, you two are dating?" Ali questioned, breaking the unformidable silence that never seemed to cease from existence.

Both Rudy and Iman perked, a light blush appearing on both their expressions-well, Rudy's since Iman had a full blush on. Being a female with more sensitive and thinner skin, the reddish tints by her cheek is visible that she had to lift her shawl-like scarf up the lower area of her face to try in the most futile attempt, to conceal it.