Chapter 22

Let me give you a Filipino trivia; did you know that MATA means 'eye' in Filipino language? Considering that IRIS is the black part of the eye? HMMMMM....

Also, extra chapter to make up for that April Fools Day A/N xD

------------------------------------

That night, after Ali agreed to help, Vikram agreed to also take Ali back, under the pretense that he did not get captured, instead, he just went for a walk when Comot suddenly disappeared from his side. Then again, what evidence do they have other than Comot that he was taken by Vikram? Vikram promised to erase all footages and all leads that Ali was in the powerplant in the first place. All they will see is Ali, walking on the streets of Cyberaya in the night.

Lying is something that Ali doesn't want to keep up in his morality, but they weren't telling him the truth, who knows if M.A.T.A. is lying all along? And that Vikram is the one who sincerely wants to help him? He wouldn't find out anything if he didn't meet with Vikram.

Sure, the guy had jabbed a fricking needle up his neck but it was for a good cause, he can't get caught, and neither can Ali.

Plus, Vikram gave him a cookie soon after, forgivable sin, with a delicious treat.

As he went back to the Academy, he allowed a bot to scan him for his identity. It didn't take long for the bot to sound an alarm, which is not a surprise for Ali. He knew that this would happen, because he is basically 'missing'.

The young tekno stood, lightly whistling as he waited. It didn't take longer for a few familiar figures to rush onto the place where he is now.

"You idiot!" a voice spoke, and before Ali could react, he was slapped square in the face that his gaze darted to the right. His left cheek sore from the slap, he held it for a moment before glancing back at the woman who gave that, Alicia.

"What's your problem?!" Ali complained, rubbing the sore spot on his cheek.

"You're lucky that's all you are going to receive; don't you know how worried you made us?!" Alicia complained, resisting the urge to slap the living daylights out of the boy until he could remember and stop disappearing like clouds in thin air.

Agent Rizwan wasn't happy. "Agent Alicia, that was uncalled for." He said, he then gazed over to Ali with a stern expression. "Where did you go?" he said, he was worried but his stern voice was like thunder that could rival those of the General's expression.

"I just went out for a while; it was getting boring here. Plus, you guys aren't around." Ali lied; his face was almost stoic that it was harder to read. Since he believed that Vikram is the victim of all of these shenanigans, he feels no remorse for lying. Thus, he feels no remorse as to speak out of dishonesty.

"Are you certain? Comot told us that you followed us in our mission." Agent Geetha spoke up after a while, trying to make sense of what's going on.

Ali simply raised an eyebrow. "I heard that you guys have a mission, but why would I intervene if I'm not even involved? The General told me to leave, did he not? And Comot followed me for a while in my walk but left soon after. I don't know what you're talking about." Ali insisted, his eyes blank, not an emotion to be seen. "I don't know what game we are playing, but I'm not going anywhere that I'm not supposed to." He added, his eyes half-lidded, his cheek still burnt from the soreness and sensation.