Chapter 19

The young tekno rushed to a computer café near the school which he presumes to have attended before. He was alone and with no one to accompany him, if he were to get lost, that would be a significant problem which he might face against.

'Vikram Chandra...' Ali thought as he typed away in a computer, the name showing various results, images of a bald man with a mustache and firm body build. He used to wear white clothes, and his previous occupation was one of the chiefs of the Beta Tower which supplies power and energy all throughout Cyberaya.

But a certain piece of news caught his eye. He clicked on the article.

"Vikram Chandra, dismissed and arrested after plotting assassination of Dato' Othman. Extensive details are not available." Ali scoffed after seeing some of the information blocked due to security purposes. But it was clear that the man was plotting against the mayor of Cyberaya.

"If he was arrested before... how come he is out there..." Ali trailed off and did far more researching that could possibly give him even the slightest idea of what he wants to find out. The man was oddly familiar, his body remembers when he first read his full name, he was tensing.

Could he have somehow feared the man before? His body was reacting to it, all of the sudden.

Before he could even try to search for more details, a cold and stern voice spoke from behind, making him freeze from what he was doing.

"What are you doing here." It was more of a command of answers than a question, the voice was feminine, but thunderous with authority.

Ali immediately closed all tabs that were open and turned to gaze over at a woman, same age as he, wearing a dark green scarf around her neck, matching her green headband that adorned her short and straight hair. She wore a yellow shirt that complimented her silk black leggings.

It didn't take the young tekno more than a minute to figure out who she is. "Oh, uhh... Hi, Alicia. I was just doing some research, nothing big." He used as an excuse, trying to look as natural as possible.

But the woman's domineering gaze over his were breaking every bit of confidence he had in him. He felt inferior when faced with the woman, his body automatically ceasing from unnatural movements.

Damn, just who is she really to him? Why is her voice enough to send shivers up his spine?

Alicia's gaze turned from the young tekno, and onto the monitor. "What are you searching about." She inquired, the same tone was used, her eyes downcast and in a narrow gaze that almost seemed like a glare.

The young tekno rubbed the back of his neck, shifting his gaze to the lower left side as he thought about what excuse could he use this time. "Just about amnesia and treatment. I really want to help myself remember, I wondered if there are solutions online." Was one of the excuses he could best come up with.

But obviously, his eyes not making contact with Alicia's was enough to convince her otherwise that the boy was not being honest with her.

"If so, why not conduct research at M.A.T.A.? have you forgotten how you are not supposed to leave without a companion? Are you not afraid of being targeted here, out in the open?" Alicia shook her head; she doesn't want to point out too blandly about the boy's obvious dishonesty, lest she gets into an unnecessary conflict that could possibly affect him worser.