Chapter 18

Normal P.O.V.

"Hey, Alicia! Wait up!" the echoing voice of the young tekno rang against the silvery metallic halls of the facility. A young boy around the age of 16 ran down with his metallic shoes clanging against metal as he ran a gradual pace.

The woman, seemingly 3 months younger than the boy didn't bother to look back or even respond to the boy's calls. Instead, she quickened her pace in a calm manner and walked off to where she's headed.

Wherever she's going, she doesn't know. All that she knows is that she has to get away, she can't allow herself to be associated with that boy again.

She doesn't want for her mistakes in the past to reoccur which might endanger Ali's life.

No, she can't have that. She has hurt him so much in the past, she can't allow herself to give him the same pain which he felt all those years. Now that he is refreshed, having lost his memories, he can start over without the trail of pain from his memories.

At this point, she doesn't mind being a villain, at least, it will keep him safe. She knows that she is unworthy of receiving such love from the young boy. She doesn't know how to cherish it, she has no right to.

She made a turn in one of the halls, scientists and tekno agents were passing by in order to get into their respective laboratories and work stations, after all, this building is where the tekno agents are to proceed with their tasks assigned onto them. This is the technological and medical related departments.

"Alicia! Stop for a moment, will you? My legs are hurting!" Ali whined as he struggled to keep up with the woman, especially, if tekno agents around are too busy to notice him and make way, he so happens to bump into a few of them occasionally.

Alicia gritted her teeth in frustration, the boy's shouting is starting to draw unnecessary attention towards the both of them, tekno agents looking at them in an odd manner that she herself would oh so badly want to sew his lips close shut.

"What do you want." She finally paused in her movements as she turned around and placed one hand on her hip in an annoyed manner. Her eyes half-lidded as her lips were curved downward in displeasure.

The young tekno agent paused abruptly in his running, placing both hands on his slightly-bent knees as he panted, allowing air to pass through his lungs as much as he could if only the halls weren't that long and he wasn't previously tired.

It took around a few minutes for the boy to fully compose himself, getting back on his slightly-straight position and faced the woman with a cheeky smile. "Nothing, I just want to say hi." He urged.

Alicia didn't seem pleased with that. "So? You already said it. Are you done now?" she inquired. But she no longer awaited the young boy's response as she turned back to her usual direction and walked off in a strict manner like she was doing just a few moments ago before Ali ceased her movements.

Yet before she was able to go far, the young tekno grabbed her wrist in a haste and stopped her from going further. Clumsily if he may add. He stumbled, yet it was of real luck that he didn't stumble over and possibly knocked her down. He doesn't want a bad encounter with the woman for any reason.