Chapter 25

"Agent Rizwan, be on standby, she's coming." The voice of Agent Leon rang in the inviso agent's ears as he gave a nod, pressing on his earpiece to silence it for this moment as his art of disguise began.

He straightened his necktie, his façade clear as his face was no longer his, the art of disguise is such an amazing talent, a skill to blend in, a skill to change identities briefly with the element of deceit.

Such power, so dangerous in the hands of wrongdoers, but so eloquent to those who mastered it for the sole purpose of goodness.

Soon, the inviso agent took his seat on the two-seater dinner table in a fine restaurant, his eyes grazing over at the entrance of the restaurant. It didn't take long before the door was opened by a security staff, and there stood the woman he was expecting.

A dandelion short-sleeved dress, heels of the same color, and light-make up to finish the touch in blending the colors suited for her short, red locks of hair.

The inviso agent, behind the face of another, smiled and raised his hand, waving for the woman to notice. The woman did and headed to the table where he sat, a beaming smile in her expression.

"Is there an occasion that needs to be celebrated that you scheduled us a date, Vincent?" Jenny's calm voice spoke, the smile not fading from her expression.

Vincent Mahmeed, 29 years old. A business tycoon in Cyberaya operating a chain of banks in the city. Jenny's relationship interest, they have been in a relationship for quite some time now, going steady for a year already. Of course, Vincent is oblivious to the... deeds of his girlfriend.

The inviso agent, wearing the façade of a disguise of Vincent smiled. "I've been busy lately, I realized that I have not spent so much time with you. Isn't the day so peaceful, Jenny? I heard it was a good night tonight to celebrate with a drink." He spoke, his voice slightly higher than his usual deep one to mask his identity.

Eventually, Jenny raised a brow. "Well, I do understand, you're a businessman, after all. It is normal to be busy, I don't mind." She claimed, sitting upright and placing her phone and purse by the table, beside the empty plate. "But thank you for the evening, I appreciate it a lot. I've been put under pressure lately, it's nice to wind up every once in a while." She added, her eyes grazing from her fingertips to the man in front of her.

"Don't stress yourself too much, it's not good for your health. On the other hand, I've ordered us some wine to loosen up. A haggard look does not suit you, Jenny." He spoke before snapping his fingers, and a waiter arrived by their table, holding a bottle of fine wine with two wine glasses. The employee sets the bottle and glasses down on their table, taking a bow before leaving them alone.

The inviso agent took the bottle, pulled the cork out with ease before pouring some for himself, and some for Jenny. The vivid, reddish-purple liquid looked quite soothing indeed.

"Thanks, you're always so considerate of me, Vincent." She giggled and took the glass nearest to her.

"To a night of leisure?" the inviso agent raised his glass, which Jenny did the same.