Chapter 9

Normal P.O.V.

It was around a few hours later when the others finished their personal agendas and routines. They were allowed to leave the premises and wander outside before they set off after lunch. After all, it's not like they'll come back anytime soon.

The others, as usual, had set out to their own agendas to do whatever it is they like as long as they come back at lunchtime, and as long as they heed the mentors' regulations. Alicia had set off to join the other neuros as she always does, Comot tagged along Moon. Ali? Well, he stayed behind along with Agent Geetha and Agent Rizwan. After all that has happened, he felt the utter security when he is with the two adults. He is certain that the others would only see him as bothersome, he might even cause another ruckus in which the mentors have to settle when Ali goes on his own with them. It could be, he thought that he'd better off stay here along with the supervision of the two adults rather than going off in his own.

It's for the sake of peace and tranquility which the city has left to offer the agents before they depart. Ali understands, that he is always—if not, then mostly the reason as to why trouble always finds its way with the group.

A distant sigh left Ali's lips as he faced forward, his eyes following a certain yellow themed figure, Alicia. His eyes kept watching her from behind, watching as she left the facility whilst exchanging a few words with her fellow neuro agents.

What he couldn't understand is to why Alicia seemed alright after everything that has happened. Usually, she would rather be alone, sorting her thoughts out and thinking of solutions that could mitigate the situation's drastic outcomes or something along the lines but no. She seems really fine which is not really how Ali expected her to be... she...

She changed...

He doesn't know if it's a good or a bad thing. Being with her for four and a half years, he learned about her tastes, her likes, her dislikes, a lot of them but her sudden change of behavior bothers him. She isn't really acting like she should be when she were to be in the situations which she is right now.

Its frustrating, that is exactly how Ali sees it. it's frustrating that he feels like the female didn't care about his feelings even, or anything for the matter. As the boy in the relationship, he new that he had no rights to demand something from the female, especially if she's obviously uncomfortable of doing so.

He shook his head, ignoring the countless mist of thoughts that plagued his mind. He glanced around having found himself once again in the tranquil park, the park where he and Agent Rizwan opened up to each other. The park itself holds so much memories which is important for Ali, knowing he rarely break down in front of his mentors, let alone his personal mentor for his years in serving the agency.

He sat on an empty bench, near the playground which he played on yesterday, seeing countless children playing in that contraption, with laughter soaring around. He could've sworn he acted like some kind of child back then, playing on a swing set at his age, a 16 and a half year old boy. Come to think of it, it would be pretty embarrassing if anyone for the matter would've saw. But it besides the point that he didn't really care, sometimes, he can be a child as much as he want. Growing up too early, makes you grow old too fast.

"I wish... I can never grow old... That I could be as lively of a child like you guys..." he sighed out, though not out loud, just enough for he himself to hear. Slouching on the park bench, he continued to watch and listen to the giggles of children playing tag, hide and seek and upon the playground itself.