Chapter 35

"It's time to come back, I.R.I.S. Agent."

That name, it sounds awfully familiar. Ali didn't know how to point it out, but the name made him freeze for a second. It was familiar, it's like he heard of it before, but where? How? To whom?

Himself?

Ali was in a trance, stuck in thought with what he heard. The monochrome agent tapped on the circular object and faced the front-side right in front of Ali's face. The holographic lines resembling of a scanner gleamed towards his eyes, synching with his DNA. The young tekno was caught off guard in the process, wanting to pry the agent away if not for his numbed wrists.

The device successfully synched with him, his vision was covered with a blue hue, 'synchronizing...' was beaming in his view, spherical elements that analyzed foreign entities and objects caught his attention. He looked up at the agent, where an array of words and vitals met his view, every detail and intel about the agent freely displayed for his convenience.

Then, something clicked.

Like a storm has passed before his eyes, images flashed in his memory, rapidly beaming with familiar scenes that Ali almost immediately recognized as the array of images proceeded to blind him with overwhelming information.

*~*~

"Why does everyone think I'm nine?"

"You're really cute when you're angry!"

*~*~

"Looks like we'll have to handle this on our own..."

*~*~

"Try not to jeopardize the mission."

*~*~

"Why do you want to be an agent?"

"I don't really know. Everything I've tried to do, doesn't work out. But with I.R.I.S., I can actually help people, I'm the one who is responsible for I.R.I.S.! I will not surrender without a fight!."

*~*~

"Override mode? But you can't control it yet—"

"I still have to try! I will do it, until I can."

*~*~

"Agent Jenny..."

"You are far too trusting, Ali."

*~*~

"What did you do?!"

"I activated the explosives planted in this area. Why? Don't you want to save your 'friends'?"

*~*~

"So, this is the so-called, I.R.I.S. agent? Nothing special to me."

"It's clear, that you need more practice."

*~*~

"You hurt them!"