Chapter 17

Normal P.O.V.

"Are you hungry? I know a very good place to grab some lunch." Agent Bakar spoke, trying to lighten up the situation as the silence bestowed upon the both of them was too... nerve wreaking.

The young tekno merely gazed up at the man before his own stomach suddenly began audibly grumbling. He instantly wrapped his arms around his grumbling stomach in an attempt to hide the embarrassing sound but it was left noticed by the man who actually didn't mind it at all.

"Well... I guess I'm a bit hungry..." the young tekno replied, sheepishly smiling over at the adult. The adult seems to be really nice and all but he just doesn't know who he is, apart from his name as mentioned by the General earlier. It gave Ali a weary feeling, a feeling that the man might possibly turn out to be who he doesn't want to be around with, especially when the boy himself knows nothing about what happened to him. Not even how he got himself injured and this 'memory loss' scenario. He tried his very best to remember but he just doesn't know, he can't seem to remember anything.

Like anything at all.

Nothing.

It frustrates him, but he knew that he could do nothing about it.

"Are you alright, Ali?" Agent Bakar questioned, his eyes showing concern to the boy who suddenly just paced out of existence in his thoughts, staring aimlessly on the path in front of him in trance.

Ali immediately snapped out of his line of thoughts as Agent Bakar began speaking, he gazed up at the man with a sheepish smile. "Who? Me? Oh, uhh yeah, I'm fine. I'm hungry, take me to eat already!" the boy spoke in a haste tone and took the lead in walking off to where they are 'supposedly' going.

Well, not that Ali really knew WHERE they're going, that is.

The bulky man smiled and effortlessly caught up to the young tekno's pace. "Okay, okay. Calm down, I'll take you there." He smiled and led the young tekno to the halls that leads to an elevator hatch which presumably takes them to a random stall booth in the city. Wherein they did, their clothes changing through the nanoparticle transformation as they arrived, the metallic double doors opened and they walked out.

Agent Bakar wore his usual cap and blue themed clothes while Ali wore his usual civilian outfit, which he felt oddly more comfortable than earlier by the way. Agent Bakar pushed the stall doors open and walked out with Ali, the stall doors looking as if it was just a random bathroom booth to begin with, the suspicion of the booth being a high-tech escape pod for Agents was uncertainly unnoticeable.

Which is great.

"Where are we, Agent Bakar?" Ali questioned, looking up at the man while walking down the street which they're currently on.

Agent Bakar immediately clasped a hand on the young tekno's mouth after he finished speaking. "Shh, just call me 'Bakar' or 'Uncle' when we're outside, it's confidential, you know? And we're currently in the streets of Cyberaya. I'll fill you in with more details over a nice meal of nasi lemak." He spoke and led Ali to a certain place, although, he'd rather not take the young boy to Alicia's Uncles' restaurant, since they need to lay low before someone eventually finds out that Ali has this amnesia-like issue.