Chapter 24

Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday have passed, and Ali remained in his newfound routine. To get to headquarters and bag a single Azurium Crystal container in his possession, get Comot to sleep relatively early, to leave in the middle of the night to meet Vikram at their usual spot agreed upon as days passed.

Ali had to stick with the paddleboat, it's the only thing that is hard to detect since it is manually used to get across bodies of water. The dark and eerie night sky conceals his identity, he will return to the Academy immediately after finishing his transaction for the night with Vikram.

In those five days, Vikram explained his 'milestones' which led to the ongoing success of his 'helpful creation'. While during those days, he also gave Ali a little piece of his past as days passed.

Vikram mentioned where his father works, where his father lives, where Ali USED to live. He told Ali about the school he goes to, and how Alicia made his school life worser than his previous scores in exams. Honestly, Ali found it really hard to believe that Alicia used to be his bully, that Ali and Alicia were at each other's necks, most especially, when Ali stumbled upon M.A.T.A.

Vikram also mentioned about how Ali got recruited, apparently, M.A.T.A. aimed to destroy him on the spot for accidentally activating the gadget, the plan was only stopped thanks to his uncle and Jenny's intuition. Although, Vikram never mentioned what the gadget is or what its called, he referred to it as an 'abandoned project' or 'a gadget' to be precise.

On the last day of the working week, Friday, he found out that the notorious enemy of M.A.T.A., Uno and the Numeroz, has caused him more pain than he could ever imagine. Due to them, he experienced betrayal, pain, judgement, and trauma.

The worst of all... Agent Rizwan had once joined the Numeroz, and attacked not only the mentors of the Academy, but also Ali himself.

Ali was extremely surprised, Agent Rizwan was the only guy he seemed to trust fully, the guy who took care of him until now. But it turns out, he was the one who had hurt him before? Agent Rizwan joined the enemy and went against him?

If so, is Agent Rizwan also an enemy? Is Agent Rizwan pretending to be nice? To get Ali's trust?

Ali couldn't believe it, but he knows nothing, and whatever Vikram said seems to be a fact, all that he mentioned was the information which M.A.T.A. refused to say.

What on earth did he join? Such a dangerous organization, he has grown less and less into trusting the agents now.

"They might be watching you, to monitor your movement. You need to tap on them, to know what they're planning, or they will easily go against you." The words of Vikram rang onto the Tekno Agent's head.

The young Tekno had implanted bugs on each of the places which he often sees the General and the Mentors stay, such as the briefing room and main halls. Through his spin-top which he easily managed to navigate; he was able to listen to everything that is going on in the briefing room.

Of course, he ignored the things that doesn't concern him. So far, he hasn't found anything odd aside from the General discussing the whereabouts of a guy called Komeng and his Gang. Apparently, no matter how great M.A.T.A.'s security is, those guys just managed to escape every now and then.