14

Hey guys just a quick note at the start of this chapter! Last time they saw Bobby I completely forgot that he would have been wheelchair bound. So that's a slight plot hole! I hope it doesn't affect your reading experience too much.

——————-

The group had arrived at Bobby's and told him the news that they had taken down pestilence. The air had been awkward between Dean and Genevieve, he tried to talk to her about "feelings" which wasn't something he normally did and it felt like she completely blew him off.

She hadn't meant to. She just didn't want to talk, she knew she was a failure, a burden, maybe they didn't need her and she should leave. But there was no way she was going to let them face Lucifer alone, even if she annoyed them, she would protect them if she could. She would protect them or She would die trying.

She was sat on Bobby's couch at the moment, Dean on the arm next to her, Sam sat beside her on the other side, whilst cas was stood in the corner.

She observed the man, in his wheelchair and was thinking about healing him, could she? She had healed people of cancer but she had never un-paralysed a limb before. After thinking about it she decided it better to listen in to the conversation, so she wasn't lost later.

"Well, it's nice to actually score a home run for once, ain't it?" After seeing the groups solemn faces he realised something was up "What?"

"Last thing Pestilence said. "it's too late."" Sam explained to the old man, they had all been thinking about this. Mulling over those words.

"He get specific?"

"No." Genevieve responded her voice expressionless, she had been cold since the incident. Everyone had noticed her change in attitude but they didn't have time to talk at the moment, they needed to stop the apocalypse.

"We're just a little freaked out that he might have left a bomb somewhere. So please tell us you have actual good news." Dean sighed, he briefly rested his hand on Genevieves arm, before thinking better of it and moving it away. Understanding he was trying to bring her comfort, She looked up at him for a brief momen ,hoping to catch his eye, but he was looking at Bobby, and now had crossed his arms over his chest.

"Chicago's about to be wiped off the map. Storm of the millennium. Sets off a daisy chain of natural disasters. Three million people are gonna die." Bobby stated, the fours eyes grew wide. 3 million people dead. They didn't expect that.

"I don't understand your definition of good news." Castiel cocked his head slightly at the Hunter.

"Well...Death, the horseman -- he's gonna be there. And if we can stop him before he kick-starts this storm, get his ring back --" Dean clicked his tongue before cutting the man off.

"Yeah, you make it sound so easy."

"Hell, I'm just trying to put a spin on it." The man snapped, annoyed at the attitude of the group. He understood it was hard but did they have to be so goddamned gloomy?

"Well...Bobby, h-how'd you put all this together, anyways?" Sam stuttered

"I had, you know...Help." At this Genevieve raised a brow, the way he said it. Sounded almost guilty. She thought there was something slightly off about him. Like he was missing a piece-

It was then, the worst thing that could of happened, happened. The great douche, the all powerful dickhead, the honourable, backstabbing bastard Crowley turned up.

"Don't be so modest. I barely helped at all. Hello, boys. Pleasure, et cetera. Go ahead. Tell them. There's no shame in it."

She then put everything together, he sold his soul. She looked at the man with disappointment in his eyes. He caught onto her gaze and gave her a half hearted smile, before she looked away and locked her glare onto Crowley.