16

Whilst Dean and Bobby were taking outside, Sam and Genevieve were inside the house.

Taking a deep breath, Gen walked over to Sam, "Sam.. can I talk to you?"

He looked up at her in shock, she hadn't really talked to him since the incident, "yeah, sure." He patted the couch next to him, she sat down. " what's up?"

"About uh the whole sigil thing.." Sam winced slightly, "it's okay, I know you were upset and it's unfair of me to hold it against you. Just uh promise me you won't do it again."

"I'm sorry Genevieve, it really wasn't fair of me to do that to you I-"

"Sam, it's fine." She then reached over and gave him a hug, it took him a second but eventually he hugged back, eventually they pulled apart, but Genevieve hung onto his hands. "Look, you're going to have to say yes to Lucifer. It's crazy, it's insane but I fear it's the only way. But I promise you no matter what I will keep you and your brother safe. Till the end."

He looked in her eyes, that were lightly tear glazed. "Genevieve, you don't have to risk your life for me, me and Dean have got this."

"It's not just for you, it's for the earth. Look I've seen it grow from the beginning, all of it. I've seen floods and plagues and evolution. I will not let it all go because of a spoilt child. But I will protect you and your brother, and Bobby and Cas." Genevieve smiled at him, before letting go of his hands and tapping him on the shoulder, "good talk."

She had learnt that phrase from Dean. He said that a lot after talking to Sam.

She needed time to think. She needed somewhere to be alone.

Sam was going to say yes to Lucifer, there was nothing she could do about that. The fact was there was nothing she could really do about anything and that made her incredibly hopeless. She hated being hopeless, like she wasn't in control. The thought of that just made her feel useless.

She teleported up to the roof, it was quiet up there.

Closing her eyes she tried not to think of the events that the future may hold. She couldn't believe she was about to kill Lucifer, a man who she used to consider her closest friend.

She scrunched her eyes closed further trying not to even think about him. But she couldn't do it no matter what she thought about it was always about him.

He had taken over her brain, taking over her every thought like a parasite.

"Half breed". His words stabbed at her, flying around her mind, banging into every nerve every corner of her brain.

"Abomination". Joined in, the names destroying her until she couldn't take it any more.

Tears slipped down her face, she couldn't believe he was affecting her so much, how was she goi my to be able to face him now when she couldn't even deal with memories from thousands and thousands of years ago.

For the first time ever, she wished that she had just done what Adam said, than this whole mess wouldn't of happened. It was entirely her fault, she argued with him. She was an idiot.

She began to grow frustrated with herself as she found herself not able to drown out the negative thoughts, she had to put herself back together before anyone saw her.

She let out a primal scream of frustration and curled up her head in her lap as she just let the tears run free. She couldn't do this, she was going to fail.

Dean looked up from where he was sat, was that Genevieve screaming?

He jumped up, "Genevieve?" He began running towards the house when he looked up and saw her sat on the roof, her head in her lap, her blonde hair covering her face.