18

Bodies hung upside down over the the large devils trap, lightly swaying in the slight breeze. The smell was absolutely repulsive, the smell of dead flesh, the smell of the fresh blood. The noise the blood made as it hit the floor, was possibly one of Genevieve's least favourite sounds, every now and then the only thing that could be heard was, drip.

Drip.

Drip.

She grimaced as she watched Sam wipe the blood off the large knife he was holding as castiel placed the lid on the jug of blood. Deans brows were pulled into a frown, still unsure if he wanted to go through with the plan.

Sam turned and nodded at the pair who were watching and they all left the building. Genevieve took a deep breath of relief at the fresh air, glad to be away from the smell of Dead people.

As Sam, Castiel and Gen carry jugs of blood to the impala, Dean walks over to Bobby.

"I still can't get used to you at eye level." He states looking at Bobby, a light smile gracing his features although it was obviously to conceal the worry he was actually feeling.

"So, was I right?"

"As always, Yoda. Two stunt demons inside, just like you said." Dean nodded, but upon hearing a thud and a Yelp he looked over to see Genevieve bent over holding her toe, Sam laughing and cas looking at her worried. He shook his head before turning back to Bobby, who had a small smile on his face.

"Did you get it?" Bobby asked.

"Yeah, all the 'go juice' Sammy can drink."

"You okay?" Bobby raised an eyebrow in concern, these boys were practically his own, they were like his sons.

"Not really." Dean sighed "What do you got?"

"Not much. These look like omens to you?" He hands dean a newspaper. "Cyclone in Florida, temperature drop in Detroit, wildfires in L.A."

"Wait. What about Detroit?"

"Temp's dropped about 20 degrees, but only in a five-block radius of downtown Motown."

"That's the one. Devil's in Detroit." Dean nods.

"Really? As far as foreboding goes, it's a little light in the loafers. You sure?" Bobby raised a brow.

"Yeah, I'm sure." He nodded, before starting to head over to the group.

"Oh and Dean?" Bobby turned to the old man who had a small grin on his face, one as if he was about to say something that he found really funny, "i wake up 05:30 not 06:30"

Deans eyes went wide as he went a little red from embarrassment before heading over to gen and the others.

————————————————————-

The group were riding in the impala, Sam sat shotgun with Dean driving whilst Genevieve and Castile were in the back, castiel awkwardly lying half on Genevieve the rest of him sat in his seat. She was staring out the window, humming to herself, every now and then looking at Dean as she remembered the previous night.

Dean looked at the backseat. "Aw. Ain't he a little angel?"

"Angels don't sleep."

"I do-"
"Gen does-" both Dean and Genevieve spoke at the same time.

"Sam, I got a bad feeling about this." Dean sighed

"Well, you'd be nuts to have a good feeling about it. "

"You know what I mean. Detroit. He always said he'd jump your bones in Detroit. Here we are." Deans hands were tightly gripped onto the steering wheel.

"Here we are." Sam sighed, worried about his brother, what would Dean do if he died? He hoped he would go back to a normal life but knowing Dean, it's not something he would be Able to do for long.

"Maybe this is him rolling out the red carpet, you know? Maybe he knows something that we don't."
Dean stated, glancing back in the mirror at Genevieve who was looking out the window, the earphones that Bobby had given to her in, her arm resting on castiels shoulder as he was still layer across her napping.

"Dean, I'm sure he knows a buttload we don't. We just got to hope he doesn't know about the rings." Sam paused before sighing "Hey, um... on the subject, there's something I got to talk to you about."

"What?" He glanced over at his brother, concerned, before putting his eyes back on the road.

"This thing goes our way and I...Triple Lindy into that box... y-you know I'm not coming back."

Dean coughed. "Yeah, I'm aware."

"So you got to promise me something." Sam stared at his brother now.

"Okay. Yeah. Anything." Dean nodded, trying to pretend he was okay but Sam had been with him long enough to know that it was just a facade.

"You got to promise not to try to bring me back."

"What? No, I didn't sign up for that." Dean refused.

"Dean --" Sam tried.

"Your Hell is gonna make my tour look like Graceland. You want me just to sit by and do nothing?" Dean cut him off, frustrated. Incredulous that Sam would even suggest him leaving him there.

"Once the Cage is shut, you can't go poking at it, Dean. It's too risky."

"No, no, no, no, no." Dean snapped, "As if I'm just gonna let you rot in there."

"Yeah, you are. You don't have a choice." Sam crossed his arms.

"You can't ask me to do this." Deans voice cracked a little bit but he covered it up with a cough.

"I'm sorry, Dean. You have to."

Genevieve had now tuned into the conversation. She wouldn't let this happen to them.

"So then what am I supposed to do?" Dean asked.

"You go find Lisa." Sam stated, Dean frowned. "You pray to god she's dumb enough to take you in, and you – you have barbecues and go to football games. You go live some normal, apple-pie life, Dean. Promise me."

Genevieve frowned now, 'who was Lisa?' Maybe she was stupid to think her and Dean could work, maybe she was stupid to think they had anything else going for them other than sex. In her mind, even though they hadn't spoken about it, she had just assumed he was her boyfriend. Maybe that was her problem though.

Dean looked back at Genevieve and by the look on her face he could tell she had heard the conversation, he didn't say anything. He didn't know what to say and it was awkward considering what Sam had just said.

The rest of the car ride was spent in silence, with the odd snore from castiel.