16. An Orphan's Pity

Chapter Sixteen

        An Orphan's Pity 

        "Can you write down all the seven wonders?" Shay asked polity. It was starting to get late a night, the sun almost down and sky darkening. Shay had arrived at Deaton's office and Shay being Shay wanted to know all the information about having the second sight. And Deaton seemed to be the right person to come too.

        Deaton grabbed the pencil from Shay's hand and started to write words on the piece of paper lied out on the desk. Seven words, seven wonders.

        "Alright, first wonder is Telekinesis." Deaton said, "Telekinesis is the ability to move things without any physical contact."

        "Alright I have that." Shay said with wary.

        "Obviously, without even trying, you've somehow been able to suppress having telekinesis, other wise it would have start going out of control."

        Shay nodded in agreement, "Alright, good. Second wonder?"

        "Divination. This is the wonder that your mother thought she had. Divination is the ability to gain insight on something or predict something." Deaton explained.

        "Alright then how is someone with divination suppose to predict things?" She asked, her curiosity growing the more and more Deaton continued.

        "It could be from a simple touch or drawing or seeing an animal. Anything really including omens. And Shay, I think you may have this."

        Her eyes widened, "Excuse me? What makes you think that?"

        "You seeing the omen. You said that you were seeing the raven everywhere. Seeing an omen that constant is a sign that you have divination." He said.

        "Great, just great." Shay mumbled under her breath.

        Deaton continued despite her dismay, "Next is Descensum, to project one's mind into different planes. That means you can connect yourself to people, see what they have seen. The fourth is Mediumship, the ability to communicate with spirits. Fifth is pyrokinesis, manipulation of fire. Sixth is empathy, to feel what another feels. And the seventh-"

        He stopped making Shay narrow her eyes at him, wondering what was running through his head, "Seventh, what's the seventh?"

        "The seventh we'll talk about some other time." Before Shay could protest, Deaton continued, "Right now, I'm thinking that all you have is telekinesis and divination. You've suppress telekinesis but divination, you can't. Seeing the raven is just the beginning."

        "Explain this to me one more time." Lydia asked, her two fingers pinching the bridge of her nose. Shay, having realizing that she needed to tell someone about what was happening to her, decided to tell Lydia. But after explaining everything to Lydia, Shay was kind of second guessing herself.

        "Okay, lets try this again." Shay sighed, rubbing her eyes from the lack of sleep, "I have the second sight. It was past down in my bloodline because I was born on July 7th at 7 p.m.  People with the second sight gain seven abilities, seven wonders. Right now I only have two."

        "Telekinesis and Divination." Lydia whispered softly, her eyes widening, "Am I the only one who knows this?"

         Shay nodded, "You and Deaton."