05. Jealousy Rising

Chapter Five

        Jealousy Rising 

        Definition: Jealousy

"A sentiment which is born in love and which is produced by the fear that the loved person prefers someone else."

        Sleep was probably one of the best things people could ever do. Just to close your eyes and fall away into a silent world where you could hide away from reality. I never had insomnia and I feel truly sorry for the people who do. 

        It was around 10 p.m. and I was lying in bed with the blankets wrapped safely around me. Jenna was out, again, at work. The house was silent and the stillness of the night was drawing me into a deep slumber. So you can imagine how pissed I was when I heard loud knocks on my front door. At first, I ignored it, hoping the people or person would just go away. But, atlas, their rapid knocking continued.

        "I'm coming." I yelled as I stood up from my bed, my legs tired and numb. I took my time walking down the stairs and to the front door. When I opened it, I was greeted by an over-enthusiastic Stiles and a barley smiling Scott."

        "Hey" Was all Stiles said to me through the wide lips.

        I rose my eyebrow and pinched the bridge of my nose, "Why would you guys interrupt my beauty sleep. It better be a good reason or other wise I'll kick both of your assess."

        "We want you to come to a party with us." Stiles said, matter-of-fact. A party...that's what he woke me up for. A freaking party!

        "A party?"

        "A party."

        My lips formed in a straight line, "No thanks." 

        Before they could eve react, I quickly shut the door. But mid-way, they pushed on the other side and since Scott is a werewolf with freaking super strength so the door ended up being open.

        "I don't want to go!" I remarked, crossing my arms. If they honestly think I would pick a stupid party over a peaceful slumbers, they are surely wrong.

        "Please, Shay, "Stiles begged with pleading eyes, "It's a party at Heather's house. You remember Heather, right?"

        Heather was a girl that I knew in elementary school. A super sweet girl who's mom was friends with Stiles' mom. I didn't hate her or even dislike her, I just never was friends with her. Last time I even saw her was at my parent's funeral where she and her family gave us a card.

        "Yes, I remember Heather."

        "Then come with us. It'll be fun." Scott said.

        "No."

        "Yes."

        "No."

        "Yes."

        "No."

        "Yes."

        "Fine." I exploded before I huffed, "I'll go to the stupid party."

        Scott and Stiles smiled cheeky at me while I thought of all the ways I will murder them in their sleep. I rolled my eyes before responding, "Give me ten minutes."

~~

         After ten minutes of looking through my closet, I finally found the perfect outfit. On my feet were black lace-up wedge booties and a black dress where the top was just fabric and the skirt was leather. My hair was, well, my hair. I brushed through its waviness with a plain brush. Now, Stiles, Scott, and I were walking down a sidewalk on the other side of town. Apparently, this is where Heather's house was.