07. Fearful Nights

Chapter Seven

        Fearful Nights

     "She's not dead." Derek denied as he paced around the room in a panic. Ever since Isaac had announced that their was a dead body in the volt and that it could possibly be Erica, Derek's been anxious and stubbornly denial. Erica was apart of the pack and since Derek was her Alpha that meant he felt a powerful protectiveness over her. 

        "Derek, he said, "there's a dead body. It's Erica." Doesn't exactly leave us much room for interpretation." Stiles remarked and as much as I hate to admit it, he was right. Honestly there was no reason to debate if she was dead or not. If Isaac saw Erica dead than she's dead. Seems like Derek just doesn't want to admit that.

        "Then who was in the volt with Boyd?" Derek snapped.

        Stiles sighed, "Someone else obviously."

        Scott nodded and turned his direction over to Isaac, "And maybe it was the girl on the motorcycle. Okay, the one who saved you?"

        He shook his head, "No, she wasn't like us. And whoever was in the vault with Boyd was." Isaac answered who was surprisingly calm.

        "They, like, pin them against each other during the full moons and see which one survives. It's like werewolf thunder dome." Stiles remarked and it made sense. Every full moon the werewolves grow with raging blood lust and anger. They feel the urge to kill so they kill who ever is in the volt.

        "The full moon's coming soon." I whispered, staring at the ground.

       "Then we get them out tonight." Derek announced, determined to get Boyd and the possibly dead Erica out.

        "Be smart about this, Derek. You can't just go storming in." I said to him. Last thing any of us needs is for Derek to do something reckless and stupid.

        "If Isaac can get in, so can we." He argued back.

        "But he didn't get through a vault door, did he?" I rose my eyebrows at him, waiting for him to respond but before he could, Scott did, "We need a plan."

        "How are we gonna come up with a plan to break into a bank vault in less than 24 hours?" Derek asked Scott, sarcastically while I rolled my eyes at his rudeness.

        "I think someone already did, "Stiles said as he looked at the screen on his phone,"Beacon hills first national closes its doors three months after vault robbery. Doesn't say here how it was robbed, but it probably won't take long to find out."

        "How long?" 

       "It's the internet, Derek, "Stiles scoffed while Derek rose his brows, unimpressed and annoyed, "Okay, minutes?"

~ ~ ~

        When Stiles meant minutes, it was a false assumption. It took ten hours to find absolutely nothing. The whole night we printed out pictures and articles but none of them told us how they got into the bank. Stiles' floor had papers scattered around in the early morning. Scott was slouched down in the arm-chair, his mouth hanging open. Stiles was in a very awkward position with scrambled snored escaping his mouth. After kicking them off of the bed, I was able to sleep peacefully in Stiles' bed. I had to fight over it but everyone knew I would win.

        The sunlight from the window flashed the room and blinded my eyes causing me to shut my eyes tightly and groan, flipping over to my other side and burying my head into the pillow. A few minutes late the door opened.