17. Closer walk with Thee

Chapter Seventeen

        Closer walk with Thee

        "Are you sure this will work?" Shay asked as she followed Stiles down the hallway. Apparently, the fire alarm was pulled causing all the students to evacuate. They were on the search for Lydia since Stiles has all these ideas about how to find Deaton. Those "ideas" included a Ouija board for some reason.

        Stiles continued to walk down the hallway, surprised that Shay had talked to him since what happened at the clinic. She had stayed silent the entire car ride and this was the first she directly spoke to him, "We can try."

         The two stopped for a moment, glancing around to see a certain strawberry blonde wondering around, "Where the hell is she?" Stiles groaned.

         "Try coach's office next to the boy's locker-room." Shay blurted out.

        Stiles looked at her, confused, 'Why would she be in there?"

        "It's where she goes to when she has a make-out session with Aiden." Shay answered.

        He still looked at her, confused at the fact that she knew that Aiden and Lydia made-out in there. Shay shrugged, "I'm observant."

        Now, Shay was taking the led. The two walked into the locker room to see Coach's office back door open. Her eyes widened once she saw Cora with a tight grip on Lydia's wrist.

        "Let go." Lydia nervously demanded but Cora wouldn't budge. Once again, Lydia tried reeling her arm back, "I said-"

        "Let go." Shay demanded, a new authoritative tone in her voice causing Cora to finally let go of Lydia's arm, "She said let go."

        The two girls looked back at her, expressionless while Stiles was peering down, surprised at the forceful nature of her voice. A small smirk found it's way onto Shay's lips, her liking these feeling of being a badass. Standing up to a werewolf, a Hale, was like a boost in her self-confidence.

~ ~ ~

        "An Ouija board?" Lydia questioned skeptically as Stiles pulled out the board from the large, rectangle box. Shay and Lydia sat side-by-side with Cora next to Shay and Lydia next to Stiles. All four were in an empty classroom, ready to test Lydia and Shay's abilities in order to find out where Deaton is.

        "Also called a spirit board, and it's worth a shot." Stiles nodded.

        Shay rested her chin on the palm of her hand, "Shot in the dark." She grumbled.

        "Could you just try it, please, okay? Let's not forget who this is for... Scott's boss, the guy who has saved our collective asses on more than one occasion." Stiles replied, ignoring their skeptically and annoyed attitudes. Shay could easily see the stress and irritation that was filling Stiles but somehow, he was able to keep it all under control. Talk about amazing self control.

         Cora spoke up, "Okay, so do we all do this?"

        Shay nodded, "Yep and I swear to God if this ends up like Poltergeist, Stiles I will beat you."

        Ignoring Shay's small threat, all four teenagers placed two fingers on the arrow piece that was centered on the board. A small breath of relief left Shay's lips as she realized no evil ghosts were coming to haunt her.

        "Where's Dr. Deaton?" Stiles asked. No moving or shaking or any type of motion occurred by Cora and Stiles peered over to the two teenagers girls who sat in front of the board, irritation and annoyance plastered on their faces.