26. Mother Knows Best

Chapter Twenty-Six

        Mother Knows Best

        My shaking hands let go of Stiles's shoulders and I noticed that his chest stopped moving. It was like the whole world stopped and I reliving a nightmare. No hallucination, no hell could ever amount to what I was feeling right now. I killed him...I killed Stiles. The same Stiles that I kissed, the same Stiles that has been my best friends since we were kids, the same Stiles that I've been falling for ever since the beginning of the year.

        He's dead.

        That's the only thing my mind could wrap around. He's dead, Allison's dead, Scott's dead. There all dead. Deaton seemed to notice my distress, his eyes filling with concern, "Shay, are you okay?"

        I didn't respond, I couldn't. Instead, tears filled my eyes and I placed my hand over my mouth, trying not to cry. "Isaac, why don't you take Shay home. Its been a long day."

        Isaac nodded, silent as well. He wrapped his arm around my shoulders and led me out the door. Out of a grave site. The car ride to my house was completely silent. My body was numb and I was too. Mind, body, soul. I didn't feel anything. It was like I was in totally shock to where I couldn't process anything.

        As Isaac and I walked in my empty house, Isaac turned to me, worriness crossing over his face, "Why don't you go take a bath or something. I'll make tea, okay?"

        Since I couldn't form words, I nodded before walking upstairs. Once I got to the bathroom, I twisted the knob and let the water rise in the bathtub. I carefully stripped from my clothing, letting the clothes dropped to the floor. I felt like glass, just from one touch I could shatter into a million pieces.

        Once the water was hot and almost completely filled, I slipped in and let the water warm my body. But still, I didn't feel anything. All I could think about was the fact that my friends were dead. Stiles, Allison, Scott. Stiles, Allison, and Scott. Dead, all of them are dead! What if they don't come back? What if I never see them again?

        Suddenly, within the blink of an eye, I felt cold. Like icy, deathly cold. The numbness of my body increased and my lungs felt like a rubber band was strangling them. Without a second thought or even a reason why, I slipped under the water.

        And I just completely let go.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

        I woke up on grave payment. When my eyes opened, all I saw was the darkened sky with shiny diamonds in the sky. The air was thick and cool, like a summer breeze was just passing by. No pain, no nothing. Slowly and gradually, I sat up.

        I noticed that I was in the middle of the road, an empty and endless road. The last thing I remembered was being in the bathtub and going under. This could be a dream. But this feels so much like reality. Finally I stood up,stumbling a bit, before my whole body froze. I recognized where I was.

        On the bridge where my parents died.

        The night of the car crash was still brutally impacted into my brain and I could never block it out. I grabbed the railing of the bridge and stared below, seeing the deep water of the bay. I didn't understand why I was here or even how I got here.

        "Beautiful night, isn't it?" A feminine voice said from behind. I whipped around to look at the person and my eyes widened immensely.