20. Five Circles

Chapter Twenty

        Five Circles

A smile grew on Shay's lips as she padded across her bedroom. A towel was wrapped around her body tightly while her blonde hair swayed helpless down her back. The sound of dripping water from the shower head was all that was heard in the empty house. It was a couple of hours since the confession from Stiles and their kiss. It was almost like Shay could still feel his lips on hers.

The only thing that bugged Shay was that she didn't confess her feelings back. Hell, all she did was kiss him back but she doubted Stiles was complaining. Shay began to look through her closet but her phone lit up like a Christmas tree. The blonde girl grabbed her phone, seeing the name "Lydia" pop on the screen.

"Hello?" Shay greeted, pressing the phone to her ear.

"Hey Shay, it's me." Her voice sounded urgent and panic, "I need you to get to the school, ASAP."

Just when Shay was about to question her, Lydia hung up. Shay stared at the phone, confused. Quickly, she put on decent looking clothes and put her damp hair into a bun. Shay drove as quickly as she could to the school. It was after hours so it was likely no one was there.

Shay parked her into the parking lot and rushed over to a distressed looking Lydia who stood next to Allison, "Hey, is everything alright?"

Lydia opened her mouth to speak but shut it once a familiar blue jeep and a motorbike drove up and parked next to my car. Quickly, she adverted her eyes somewhere else. Shay hasn't talked to Stiles since the whole confrontation. Hope and pray that this isn't going to be as awkward as Shay imagined. The two boys ran over and stood next to Shay, ready to hear Lydia explain herself. Stiles looked at Shay, his eyes dazed.

The startled strawberry blonde glanced between the three of them, "It's the same thing. Same thing as the pool. I got into the car heading somewhere totally different, and ended up here. And you told me to call you if there's a dead body."

"You found a dead body!" Stiles yelped, widening his eyes.

"Not yet."

"Not yet? What do you mean 'not yet'? Lydia, you're supposed to call us after you find the dead body." Stiles argued, not satisfied by Lydia's answer.

Lydia waved around her finger, "Oh, no, I'm not doing that again. You find the dead body from now on."

"How are we supposed to find the dead body? You're always the one finding the dead body." Stiles argued.

As the two two continued their pathetic quarrel, Shay moved past everyone and glanced at the front of the of the school. On the broad and wide sign that said "Beacon Hills High School" lied a lifeless body lying on its front. Thick blood was dripping down the front and Shay saw that the women's eyes were wide open.

"Guys." Shay skeptically announced, catching everyone's attention, "I found the dead body."

~ ~ ~

Jenna knocked on Shay's bedroom door, holding a cup of green tea in her hand, "You okay sweetheart?"

"No." Shay groaned, completely exhausted. After Shay had found the body, of course they called the police. The whole entire night was filled with questioning at the station. Shay didn't get home until 5:00 am and by that time it was Jenna's time to question her. So as you can suspect, Shay got absolutely no sleep what so ever.

Her aunt walked over and sat on the bed, facing Shay's back, "Want some tea?"

"Put it on the desk please."