22. Bad Blood

Chapter Twenty-Two

        Bad Blood

*I have decided to switch back to 1st POV because I realized I am terrible at writing in 3rd POV or at least for this story.

You know that feeling when an immense pain washes over you and you just want it to stop. You beg and plead inside your head for it to stop. That's what I was feeling at this moment. After Ms.Blake, Jennifer, took Sheriff Stilinski and Scott and Stiles released Lydia and I, I began spitting out blood. A headache the size of Mount Rushmore began in my head and I couldn't stand straight. That's when I realized I connected myself to Cora.

Cora was in the hospital after she fainted at Stiles's house. No one knows whats wrong with her. We went to Deaton's to retrieve some sorta'v powder to use against Jennifer. After that all three of us rushed to Derek's in Stiles's jeep. And that's where we are not. Scott was driving since Stiles wanted to be in the back with me. My legs were sprawled out on the leather seats while Stiles held my fragile body in his arms, my head lying loosely on his shoulder.

Minutes before he helped me out of my jacket and scarf, leaving me in my black tank top. Sweat was beaming from my forehead and my blonde hair, which was once curly was now straight and damp. Somehow, I was able to stop spitting out blood but I'm certain I'll start to soon. A deadly storm was brewing causing the jeep to rumble. The ride was silent so far and the only type of motion was Scott turning the steering wheel and Stiles occasionally brushing hair out of my face.

"How much longer?" Stiles asked Scott, urgently.

Scott sighed, "We'll be there soon."

Stiles let out an annoyed huff of air before glancing back down at me, "Do you know how to unconnected yourself from Cora?"

Slowly I shook my head but stopped once that increased my headache, "No, Deaton never told me how to. All he told me was that I can connect myself to people and my own emotions."

"You'll be okay." Stiles softly said, pushing a thin strand of hair out of my eyes.

I tried to smile back but pain spread through my body. When we went to see Deaton, he said that the effects on Cora will be more slower on me. I had no idea why I connected myself to her and even Deaton didn't know why. All he said was that I connect myself to people I'm familiar with. All I wanted to do was sleep. Close my eyes and fall into a slumber.

The jeep came to a sudden halt and I lifted my head up slightly to see that we were outside Derek's building. Scott was first to come out of the jeep and once he did, he rushed over to the back seat door. Stiles gently pushed me upwards as Scott helped me out. Once I was standing, stumbling a bit, Stiles wrapped his arm around my lower back, pulling us closer. Seeing as I wasn't even able to hold myself up, I leaned slightly against Stiles.

The elevator ride was deadly silent, the only sound coming from my harsh breaths. Scott opened the doors to Derek's loft and quickly went over to speak to him. I wrapped my arm carefully around his neck as his grip of my waist tightened. He helped me over to where Scott and Derek was. Right when I was about to ask Stiles something, Scott walked over to us and dragged us to the far side of the room where it was dark.

That's when we all heard the voice, "Derek! Derek, where are you?"

My whole body froze as I recognized the voice as Jennifer. The women who was killing, sacrificing, innocent people for her own selfish desires. The murderous women who tried to kill Lydia and I no more than thirty minutes ago. The women I suddenly became terrified of.

"Right here." Derek responded, his voice not angry nor happy. Actually emotionless. Only thing I'm asking for is that he believed us.

"Thank God. Something happened at the recital. At the school. Okay, I need to tell you before you hear it, before you hear any of it from them." Jennifer sounded frantic and flustered. I knew she was trying to make herself look like the innocent women she portrayed.