09. A View to Kill

Chapter Nine

        A View to Kill

        After leaving the hospital, I went on as if everything was okay. Physically or mentally, I didn't even know if I was okay. I've been through this before, dealt with this before. The alpha and kanima was far worse than two rapid werewolves but just seeing and being attacked by Boyd and Cora just seemed to stick with me. The memory of them stuck in my head and I couldn't shake it off. But I wasn't going to let werewolves mess with me for the entire school day.

        As I was putting textbooks into my locker, Allison walked over to me and leaned on the neighboring locker. I smiled at her, "Hey."

        But her face didn't show happiness but guilt, "I shouldn't have dragged or even asked you to come to the bank with me."

        "Allison-" I sighed before continuing, "It wasn't your fault."

        "Yes it was. It was so stupid of me to involve you. I'm so sorry." She apologized. Her eyes were completely filled with remorse and I knew she felt guilty for me getting hurt. It wasn't her fault.

          I bite my lip as curiosity took hold, "Why did you want me to come with you?"

        Allison smiled and shrugged slightly, "I knew you had the strength and courage."

        Happiness and gratitude seemed to consume me as I wrapped her into a hug. It felt really good to know someone had faith in me and believed that I could do something. No ones ever done that before but it made my heart explode with happiness. But one thing did ruin a small bit of that happiness. The moment when I realized that I had cross-country in ten minutes. 

        God dammit.

~ ~ ~

        "Are you okay?" Scott asked as we walked to the trail together. A bunch of students were here, all in sports outfits, and ready to run. Why I took cross country, I'm not even sure why. It was either take cross-country or advance chemistry with Harris. If you go to Beacon Hills than you know never to take an extra class with Mr. Harris; man is the Devil and evil just for sport.

        "I'm fine." I lied straight through my teeth. Honestly, I was tired if people asked me if I was okay. Worse part of today was that Boyd was back in school. Don't get me wrong I'm happy he's here and okay but I don't even know if I can face him.

        I glanced over at Scott, "Let's just not talk about it, okay?"

        Scott looked taken back at my firm voice but just nodded, understanding that I did not want to go through memory lane. As Scott walked away having this cautious look at me, Isaac caught to me. I haven't talken to him since the night at Deaton's office.

        "Hey Shay, are you al-"

        I whipped around to face him, "If you ask me if I'm alright I will personaly reached down into your throat and pull out your organs."

        Isaac smirked in amusement and put his hands up in defense, "Whoa! Never knew you could be so aggressive."

        Alright I get it. I have a soft spoken voice and look like a little angel but if someone gets on my bad side, I'll freaking cut a bitch. What people really under estimate about me is my strength. I'm not an innocent little flower that people can easily step over. I'm not a fragile human.

        My eyes narrowed at him, "And I didn't realize that you were such a prick, guess we learn something new everyday.

        He didn't respond but laughed with that cocky smirk still planted on his lips. Isaac reached down to tie his shoe laces when two people walked behind us. The twins; Aiden and Ethan. They merely glanced at me but mischievous smirked at Isaac who was more than aware of their presence. Coach blew his whistle as all the students started to run as well as the twins who took lead.