08. Covered in Red

Chapter Eight

        Covered in Red

        Breathe Me // Sia 

        Scott revealed everything to Allison, the truth about her mother. Allison just stood there, still with sad eyes that soon filled with tears. Minutes before Scott healed me of my wounds and cut, now only blood and bruises covering my body. Scott was more than willing to drive me home, seeing as I was still shaken up over the eventful night. But I declined and told him that I was capable of driving myself home and that he should go with Derek to find Body and Cora. Yes, Derek filled me in on who the girl was.

        Now, here I am, driving alone down a mindless and vacant streets. Lights of poles shined vividly with the black abyss hovering over. The whole car ride I stayed silent, not music, but only the sound of the tires speeding against the road. My head was leaning against my left hand, my arm prompt up against the window still. Red bags were under my eyes and my skin was pale, red blood stains covering my arms. As I drove down the road, my eyes filled with tears as my mind recapped what occurred in the volt.

        I parked my car in the driveway and saw no one was home. Even if Jenna was home, I couldn't go to her with this. I couldn't confined in her. I was alone on this one. Slowly and delicately, I walked up the stairs, not making a creak. First place I went to was the bathroom, not the one with the shower but the one with the actual bath tube. A mirror hung above the sink. I looked up and examined myself. Light blood stains covered the right side of my face and the tips of my blonde hair was drenched in red.

        The white tee-shirt, that I had chosen to where, was now covered and layered in thick and sticky crimson blood; the same with my jeans and cardigan. I slowly started to strip down, wincing at some points over the numbing pain. Warm water filled the Complete Clawfoot bathtub as I dipped myself in. All the blood on my body wasn't going to wash off without soap and scrubbing but it did turn the water a light pink.

        I pulled my knees to my chest and hugged them tightly to. I swirled my hands around in the water before washing off all of the blood on my face. Wrapping my arms around my knees, I rested my forehead on my knees. Everything that happened tonight flash backed in my head. The vicious look that Boyd and Cora gave me. Those murderous eyes that flashed yellow and the way they growled; it frightened me knowing that in every werewolf there was this killer inside.

        Suddenly, I started to sob. I haven't since my parent's death and it felt sorat'v good. Although this weakness and vulnerability stirred inside of me. I was never the one to show my emotions and here I am crying helplessly. Blood dripped down from me and into the water as I rocked back and forth. I don't know how long I cried and wept for but it lasted until the water lost its heat and was now cold. 

        Eventually I washed off all of my blood from my body and got dried off. So now I was sitting on my bed with my blonde hair damp and wearing my pajams. I knew Jenna wasn't going to be home until later in the night so I was alone. This was one of those times where I wished someone was next to me and comforting me. No, never had a boyfriend, don't laugh at me.

        While I was just ready to tuck in for the night, a couple of loud knocks were coming from my front door. Knowing it was not aunt Jenna and it was probably Scott or Allison, I rushed to the door and opened it. But the person standing there was someone far better. Stiles. He looked stressed and scared. When he saw me, his lip started to tremble and tears filled my eyes. 

        I quickly wrapped my arms around him, burying my head into the crook of his neck. His arms found themselves tightly around my back with his face in my hair. We stumbled into the house and just held each other. I never thought I would be this desperate for a hug.