21. Unblinking Death

Chapter Twenty-One

        Unblinking Death

"I don't get why no one's calling the police." A very annoyed Lydia said to Ms.Blake. After the whole screaming from Lydia and the realization that their history teacher was taken, Lydia and Shay went to get help. Aiden came and stood behind Lydia while Shay stood next to Lydia, her arms crossed to stop them from shaking.

"They're gonna make an announcement over the P.A." Ms.Blake calmly said.

"That's not gonna do anything!" Lydia frantically stated, "Shay and I told you, he's gone. Like the others, taken."

Ms.Blake let out a deep breath, "Okay. Look, we're just trying to understand, okay? All we know is that Mr. Westover didn't show up for class."

"And the last time that happened was Mr. Harris. Anyone heard from him lately?" Shay snapped.

"He's gone." Lydia loudly announced before leaving Aiden's grip and walking over to the chalkboard, pointing to the number 2 that she wrote, "And he's going to be the second murder."

"But Lydia, you wrote that number." Ms.Blake remarked.

Lydia took a few steps forward, "Okay, I'm physic."

"You're physic?" Ms.Blake questioned, amused slightly.

"I'm something!" She shrieked causing everyone to looked at her oddly. Shay rubbed her forehead, obviously getting stressed by the situation.

"Ms.Blake, can we all go, please. We've answered all of your question." Shay asked, sighing a bit. All she wanted to do was go home and take a nap. Obviously, she couldn't do that since she had to go to the recital.

Ms.Blake nodded, "Yes, you may." She smiled kindly. Shay nodded before making her exist of the room, noticing that Scott and Ethan were in the herd of students who were being blocked by the police officer.

~ ~ ~

Shay stood in front of her open closet, rummaging through clothes that hanged on hangers. She had at least an hour before the recital and she still couldn't find a good outfit. That and the nervous feeling that was in the pit of her stomach was not helping. Knowing that after the recital she was going to talk to Stiles was nerve racking. So honestly, Shay was trying to put a bit more effort into picking out her outfit for the night.

While frantically going through her clothes, Jenna walked into the room and leaned against the doorway, smirking, "Need help there?"

Shay dropped her arms, closing her eyes and groaning, "I can't pick out a nice outfit."

She sat down on the edge of her bed as Jenna went over to her closet, "Why not? You've got great clothes."

"It's not that. It's just that tonight is kind of important and I want to look really nice." Shay huffed.

Jenna turned around and quirked any eyebrow at her niece, "I'm gonna take a wild guess and say it isn't the recital thats got you so worked up."

Shay let out a sigh as Jenna walked over and sat right next to her, "Stiles wants to talk to me after the recital. We kissed twice and he said he really likes me. This talk is kind of freaking me out."

"Sweetheart, I have watched Stiles go crazy over you since you two were kids. You have absolutely nothing to worry about tonight." Jenna reassured with a smile, "And as an outfit, I'll pick you out something that screams hot."

The two laughed as Jenna began picking out an outfit. It was black skinny jeans with a leather jacket and a purple scarf. After Shay got dressed, she sat in front of a mirror while Jenna sat behind, doing her hair. Jenna began curling each strand of hair until Shay spoke up.