24. One Moment

Chapter Twenty-Four

        One Moment

        "Derek! Wake up!" I screamed, gripping Derek's bicep tightly as Stiles continued to slap the living daylights out of him. After Scott left with Deucalion, Stiles and I rushed downstairs to get Derek, who still lied unconscious on the floor of the elevator.

        Stiles then clenched his fist together and went down to punch him but Derek's hand shot up and grabbed it before Stiles could. I smiled softly, relieved that Derek finally woke up. His eyes darted all over the room, probably confused as hell.

        "Where is she?" He asked, a bit out of breath.

        "Jennifer? Gone with Scott's mom." Stiles stated, his eyes wide and his body filled with anxiety. Everything was overwhelming and it was hard for anyone to keep up.

        "She took her?"

        "Yeah, and if that's not enough of a kick to the balls, Scott left with Deucalion and Deucalion has Jenna. So we gotta get you out of here. The police are coming right now, and we gotta get you the hell out of here." Stiles and me both began to stand up but Derek grabbed Stiles's arm before we could walk out.

        "Whoa, wait, where's Cora?" Derek asked quickly.

        I gulped. "Cora is with Isaac and Peter in the Argent's car. She's safe and Peter's safe."

        He nodded before bolting out of the elevator, probably going to find Cora and Peter. Now it was Stiles and me and an overwhelming and crushing fear.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

        Stiles and I sat next to each other in the waiting room on the first floor. I was anxiously tapping my foot on the floor while Stiles was holding my hand. Police sirens were coming from outside along with the blaring lights. Stiles and I have not spoken one word to each other, neither of us knowing what to say.

        I peered over at the entrance doors to see several FBI agents making their way into the hospital. My grip on Stiles's hand tightened once I spotted Scott's father, Agent McCall, by the door. "Holy shit."

        Agent McCall walked towards us and I was already annoyed by him. Agent McCall has never liked the Stilinski family nor has he ever liked my family, particularly my father. Once he stood in front of us, of course he had to run his smart ass mouth. "A Stilinski and a Marshall at the center of this whole mess. What a shocker. Think you can answer some questions without the usual level of sarcasm?"

        Stiles pursed his lips, "If you ask the questions without the usual level of stupid."

        "Where's your dad, and why's no one been able to contact him?" Agent McCall pestered, already getting irrigated by him.

        "I don't know. I haven't seen him in hours." Stiles shrugged.

        "Is he drinking again." Agent McCall questioned and even I know that was a low blow.

        Stiles angrily sighed, his jaw clenched as he glanced over at the ground. He was trying very hard to keep his anger under control, I could easily tell by the tightness he had over my hand.

        "Careful there, who knows how many crappy things you've done as parent." I cocked an eyebrow, my voice on edge.

        "What do you mean, again? He never had to stop." Stiles said, looking at Agent McCall dead in the eyes.