10. Heart to Heart

Chapter Ten

        Heart to Heart 

        If you didn't know I'm changing the chapters from this point on to 3rd person (want more info why, read last chapter's author's note) 

        Shay had no clue why she chose French.

        Yes, knowing a language was good for a college application and yes, Shay wanted to get into a good college. At first she wanted to take Spanish but almost half the freakin' school was taking Spanish so there was no available slots open. Two options, either a) take french for the entire semester or b) take advance chemistry with Harris for the entire school year. She would take any class of any sorts to not take an extra class with Harris.

        That would be like taking a class on how to slowly torture yourself before you're sent to Hell.

        And Shay did not want that. Down side about French class was that Ms. Morell was teaching the class. After Matt died, Shay was required to have a session with her since Matt was basically stalking her. A weird vibe came from Morell that Shay picked up on instantly. After the whole bank incident when Morell sent Shay on a ride to death, the comfortableness that Shay was feeling when she walked into French class was almost unbearable. Worst part was that Morell acted as if nothing had happened.

        Mrs. Morell leaned on her desk in front of the room, teaching her students about the French culture compared to the American culture. In the back of room was Shay and minutes ago sleep had consumed her much to her delight. Her arms were crossed and her head lied down with wavy blonde hair covering the side of Shay's face. But with sleep comes darkness and a dark memory that haunts her returned in the form of a nightmare.

        Fear sparked through me as I realized all hell was about to brake lose.

   Boyd swiftly raised his claws and swiped me onto my stomach. I screamed but was quick to scrambled and push myself away from him. Scott and Derek both growled at the two werewolves before attacking. I sat in the corner, harsh breaths desperately coming out of my mouth as my chest violently heaved up and down. The side of my stomach was covered in blood, bleeding into my shirt. Painful and sharp sparks made my body tremble and me to whimper.

    I watched the fight intensify as everything grew more heated and more terrifying. My hands were pressed against my wound, hoping to stop the bleeding but it was of no use. A puddle of blood started to surrounded me and I wished I never agreed to go on this stupid thing with Allison. The volt's sound was filled with the werewolves' growls and my strangled short screams of pain.

     "Mademoiselle?"

     "Mademoiselle Marshall?"

      "Shailene!" 

      Shay jolted up, startled by the firm yet threatening, and looked over to her right to see Ms. Morell, peering down at her with narrowed eyes and tight lips. The rest of the class all turned around to see Shay and giggled at her once they noticed the embarrassed red fluster on her cheeks. Shailene ignored the stares and whispers but focused on Morell.

      "Es-tu fatiguee?" Morell asked with a questioning eyebrows but smirked slightly when Shay looked even more embarrassed as before.

        She looked down at her desk and shut her pen cap, "Sorry."

     The bell rung causing all the other students to scatter and clear out. Shay knew she would be getting an ear full so she stayed. Morell watched all the students go before sitting down in the desk in front of Shay.