02. Feathers Flying

Chapter Two

        Feathers Flying 

        "So how was Scott and Stiles?" My aunt Jenna asked me as she washed the last of the dishes. I had arrived home just in time to have dinner with my Aunt. My parents died nine months ago, one month before Sophomore year. 

        After my parents died, Jenna took custody of me. All three of us were in the car because they had just picked me up from Stiles's house. We were driving over Beacon Hill Bridge when something or someone ran in front of our car. We flipped over the bridge and into the water. Our car was completely crashed and the doors were stuck. My dad died instantly. But my mom and I were still alive.

        We were trying to get out but we just gave out. We were losing our breaths and I had lost unconsciousness. But someone saved me. I woke in the hospital room and a doctor said someone had saved me. They also told me my mom had drowned.

        "There fine, Scott got a tattoo." I answered.

        She rose her brows, "Melissa let him get one?" 

        I nodded before she continued, "Well I'm gonna hit the hay for the night, got a morning and night shift tomorrow and for the rest of week."

        "Okay." I responded, slightly worried about how much Jenna has been working lately. I'm not an idiot, I've seen the bills scattered over the coffee table.

        Giving me a kiss on the forehead, she headed upstairs, the floor creaking every step of the way. The house empty once more. I heard upstairs, deciding to take a shower before I headed up for bed. But before I turn around the corner, something catches my eye. My cello resting against a door ledge. The beautiful brown wood shining from the transparent light. I used to play but after my parent's death, I stopped.

        I walked into the bathroom and closed the door. I stripped down, my clothes landing on the floor with a light thud. The hopped into the shower, closing the curtain then turning the water on. The warm water cascaded over my body causing me to close my eyes and enjoy the sweet sensation.

        I opened my eyes once I heard a creak. Like something had been twisted. I looked around and saw that nothing was out of the ordinary, nothing at all. Until I heard it again. I whipped my head around and landed my eyes on the knob to the shower. It was slightly turned over to the left, me not noticing how the water was slightly colder.

        I narrowed my eyes at it as if I was concentrating on it. That's when, before my eyes, the knob started to turn fully around, making the water freezing cold but I was focused on the knob. Only the knob. The knob kept turning and turning until it stopped, the water following. I stared in amazement.

        "Well that's new." I whispered.

        Pacing around seemed to be habit of mine, ever since I was a child. When ever I was worried or waiting for something, I paced. I could never sit still. So here I am, in my plain almost empty room, pacing around in front of my bed. A cold gush of air was following behind my legs because of my dress flowing.

        "What the hell was happening to me." I wondered as I plotted down on the edge of the bed. I stayed silent for a moment, my foot slightly tapping on the wooden floor. Then I spotted a large book from across the room, sitting on a table. I pushed my hair back as I, once again, focused my eyes on the book. It took me a minute or so but the book started to shake slightly. The shaky increased until it was rapidly.

        The then slowly started to hover upwards, floating. I gasped then smiled. Why am I smiling. I looked downwards for a second at my bed to see some of my homework scattered all over. I lifted my hand up, my palm at the ceiling, my fingers separated, twitching. All the papers that were once on the bed slowly risen into the air. The papers were a bit shaky, it tipping over a few times.