forty six.

Jeongguk watched from afar as two familiar figures danced in the spotlight just past the long drapes, arms crossed over his chest with a neutral look on his face.

His gaze never once drifted away from the hourglass figure waltzing around in a pastel blue ball gown, slim dainty fingers held onto the other's shoulder pads.

The soft sound of the violins playing in the background had Jeongguk captivated, eyes raking over his form appreciatively as the omega focused on his part.

There was a certain part in where the younger prince twirled Taehyung around, ballgown flowing beautifully across the floor as they neared the end of the dance.

He could tell Taehyung had been practicing hard for days, eyes concentrated on every step as Jimin guided him through it.

It was only until the violins began closing off that Jeongguk willed himself to come out of the shadows, watching as Taehyung and Jimin bowed to each other with a grin on their faces.

He clapped slowly as if to gather their attention, watching as Taehyung's head immediately snapped in his direction as if surprised to see him there.

A huge grin rose onto his lips before he was holding his heavy dress up as he ran up to Jeongguk, tossing his arms around his neck to embrace him.

He sounded slightly out of breath, probably from dancing for nearly an hour straight.

"That was beautiful." Jeongguk murmured softly against his ear, nose pressed to his mate mark momentarily in order to inhale his sweet scent.

A giggle left the younger's lips as strong arms held his waist gently, bashful smile on his lips when he pulled away from the hug.

"Thank you," he said, boxed smile on his lips as Jimin walked up from behind him.

His hair was slightly disheveled from constantly running his hand through it. He was sporting a navy blue coat with gold epaulette's on his shoulders and white fitted pants.

"That was quite literally perfect! I'd definitely say you're ready for that crown." Jimin said impressed, smiling widely at Taehyung who squealed in delight at the compliment.

Jeongguk couldn't help eyeing him fondly as Jimin began explaining to the omega little mistakes he had done while waltzing.

The omega had been encouraged by both his mate and Jimin to train for the title of queen.

Of course everyone knew he was the king's mate and had a higher status than anyone in the kingdom but he was not trained nor skilled enough to claim the title of equivalence to king.

He would have to go through a series of tasks in order to establish his knowledge of the position he desired, what was expected of him to know and learn.

At the end of all of it, he would have a coronation ceremony much like Jeongguk's, with festivities and lots of food.

Jimin had been kind enough to offer him his help, teaching him how to dance in a ballroom since he would be expected to do so at nearly every event.

Jeongguk's mother, the former queen, had begun teaching the omega the ropes on socializing with other kingdoms and how to behave, respond, and act in front of others with important titles.

The omega had not realized how tedious the demands for the crown were until he was presented with a series of decisions that he had to make, sometimes corrected by the queen who explained to him why that decision would not be the right one to make.

Jeongguk, his alpha, had stayed up late on multiple nights, reading with him the official handbook that had been gifted to him by the queen herself.

It was a lot to process but with the help of everyone around him, Taehyung was sure he could achieve his goal.

-

After another long and tiring day of dancing (this time with a book over his head for balance), Jeongguk brought Taehyung out to the balcony for a lovely dinner.

The omega had been provided a stunning, sparkling dress that reached just below mid thigh with thin straps leading to a low back cut.

The alpha had watched as Taehyung sat in his chair, extra carefully analyzing the silverware on the table before grabbing the appropriate one.

Seokjin had taught him proper eating etiquette as well as showed him how to make a few recipes in the kitchen.

Taehyung had gone on to explain to Jeongguk about his day, giggling when Jeongguk replied back about his boring one doing paperwork.

The omega had asked him if the veterinarian ended up going to see Tanzanite, his horse that he had finally named.

He had sadly injured himself while running loose in the field, back leg causing him to limp in pain.

Taehyung had not been able to visit him at all during the day, too busy training with Jimin and Seokjin.

"Yeah, she wrapped him up and gave him some antibiotics." Jeongugk explained, watching as Taehyung pouted in sympathy for his animal.

"I'll try to check up on him first thing tomorrow." He promised.

Jeongguk hand fed Taehyung some of his steak with a fork, watching as the omega hummed in delight at the taste.

"Good?" He asked, taking a bite for himself.

"Amazing." Taehyung agreed, digging into his own food eagerly.

Dinner went by smoothly, cool summer breeze kissing Taehyung's face as the hot day had come to an end.

Taehyung had helped Seokjin make a delicious strawberry cheesecake earlier that day so they shared a slice of that for dessert.

The omega felt pride swell in his chest when Jeongguk complimented the taste, quickly thanking his mate with a kiss on the lips.

"Come on," Jeongguk said abruptly, placing his fork down and rising from his chair.

He immediately placed his hand out for Taehyung to take, helping his stand up from his seat and eagerly pulling him along.

The omega was confused as to what was going on but smiled nonetheless as he followed Jeongguk towards the balcony.

"What are we doing?" He said with a small laugh, cocking his head to the side cutely.

And suddenly Jeongguk was letting go of his hand before turning to face him, eyes holding a playful glint as he spoke, "May I have this dance?"

He bowed respectfully in front of the omega, giggles leaving the latter's lips at the sight of his mate.

"I'd love to," Taehyung replied softly, tone matching Jeongguk's playful one.

His large hand rested on the small of Taehyung's exposed back while the other held Taehyung's hand in his, chests nearly pressed together as the omega held onto Jeongguk's shoulder.

So this is love, mmm

Taehyung felt himself mesmerized by how golden Jeongguk's eyes appeared underneath the moonlight, specks of red hues swirling in those pretty brown eyes.

So this is what makes life divine

Jeongguk twirled Taehyung around slowly, bringing him back in with a gentle look on his face.

Their breaths mingled together as they stared at one another almost as if in awe for the first time.

Taehyung could smell Jeongguk's scent, alpha pheromones in the air mixing with his own and making the omega feel desperate for their lips to finally unite.

But Jeongguk's next words made his breathing hitch, body nearly going limp in his arms.

"Marry me," he said, heart pounding loudly in his chest as he stared at his mate before reaching into his pocket for a small black box.

Taehyung found himself rendered speechless, heart stammering in his chest as the alpha spoke again.

"I love you and I want to do right by you. I want you to have your fairytale wedding like you read about in all those stories because you deserve that and so much more."