fifteen.

"By royal command, I hereby present Prince Jeon Jeongguk and his mate."

Jeongguk's body was tense as they waited behind the outdoor throne, hearing the loud cheers of the commoners staring up at the platform and waiting.

The king and queen were already waiting on their throne, being admired and praised by the kingdom.

They had come to witness the coronation of their future king, proud smiles on their lips.

It was a big moment for them.

Most of the elders could still remember when the queen was announced to be carrying a child, fond smiles on their faces when the little prince's name was announced.

Jeongguk exhaled loudly before he began to walk up the ramp.

Taehyung was nervously following after him, fingers laced in his.

He had never been around so many people in his life, not to mention he was pretty sure he had stage fright.

Everyone's eyes were going to be on Jeongguk and then him since he would be right by his side.

He couldn't help squeezing Jeongguk's hand, watching as Jeongguk turned his head lightly as if to look at him before pressing him closer to his back.

There were still loud cheers from the crowd as they waited for Jeongguk to appear before them.

Taehyung couldn't help clutching onto his bicep with his other hand, basically latching onto his entire arm.

He was going to see his parents, his friends, the people who had harassed him and those who had envied him-

All those thoughts flew out the window the second Taehyung smelled the change of scent in the air.

Jeongguk was releasing calming pheromones, making Taehyung's nervous gaze fall on him.

He was already staring down at him, eyes taking in Taehyung's slightly labored breathing and bitten lip.

Not to mention he could most likely smell his anxiety and his heart beating rapidly in his chest.

And for the first time since Taehyung arrived, he was grateful for Jeongguk.

His brows were slightly furrowed as he watched Taehyung inhale his scent before he nodded lightly.

"Thank you." Taehyung said softly, feline eyes catching his gaze before Jeongguk solemnly looked straight ahead and began walking up the ramp.

The cheers died down once Jeongguk came into view, Taehyungs eyes widened slightly at the sight of everyone bowing before him.

He gulped harshly as Jeongguk stood dead in the center of the stage, a smile on his lips as he stared at the commoners.

The expression was new, making Taehyung stare at him in awe seconds before Jeongguk began to lead them to their chairs by the king and queen's throne.

 The crowd was still bowed before them as Jeongguk finally let go of Taehyung's hand and motioned for him to sit.

Taehyung blushed lightly before sitting and watching Jeongguk do the same.

-

Hoseok was slightly anxious.

He and Yoongi had arrived to the coronation ceremony together. They were standing near the front, slightly to the right.

It had been an entire week since Taehyung had left their village, making him excited yet nervous to see him.

He couldn't sleep comfortably at night until he knew that the omega was in good hands. That he wasn't suffering in the palace.