thirty six.

A second courting gift came only a few days later, this time in a less materialistic manner as opposed to the first.

Jeongguk had gone for a morning run first thing in the morning, expressing his desire to let his wolf run free.

As much as Taehyung wished he could accompany him, he knew he would only slow him down as he could not shift himself.

Besides, the opportunity to see Jeongguk's wolf form would arise again as the alpha made it of importance to stay connected to his wolf side.

Meanwhile, Taehyung remained in a deep slumber until nearly noon, jolting up from bed sleepily at the feeling of hands on his face.

He yawned up the male who had apparently already had time to shower, familiar smell of eucalyptus in his hair.

Taehyung's eyes felt like sandpaper as he blinked up at Jeongguk, quietly basking in the feeling of a warm hand rubbing his back.

He was now sat up on their bed, head leaning against Jeongguk's chest as he rubbed his eyes.

He had slept for far too long admittedly, but it might have been due to staying up late reading about omegas in Jeongguk's book.

It had been definitely hard to put down once he began reading it, not realizing the moment Jeongguk turned off his lamp and fell asleep.

"Still tired?" 

There was a certain fondness in his voice, the low, raspy sound in his throat as Jeongguk gently brushed a loose strand of hair away from his face.

"Mhm, apparently there's so much to learn about omegas." 

He was much more awake by then, baring his neck for Jeongguk who nuzzled into his scent gland before leaving a kiss.

Taehyung's pendant necklace hung proudly around his neck as he hummed softly.

"Yeah? Like what?"

Taehyung could sense a hint of playfulness in his voice that he was certainly not used to but welcomed happily.

"Did you know that omegas were once considered stronger than betas? Something to do with their genetic makeup- didn't finish reading that bit."

Jeongguk let out a noise of surprise at the revelation, too preoccupied helping Taehyung slide on his slippers.

A soft whine left the omega's lips when he was forced off the warm bed, face twisted into a sad expression.

"When you're done with your shower, meet me by the balcony?"

Taehyung was quick to nod, still slightly confused as to what Jeongguk was planning but made sure to wash up quickly.

-

Taehyung was not sure what he was expecting, but lunch together by the beautiful open balcony was a pleasant surprise.

He smiled shyly at Jeongguk who turned his head instinctively at the sweet scent entering the room.

Jeongguk's expression was serene, muscles relaxed as Taehyung made his way over.

He tucked a soft strand of hair behind his ear as Jeongguk reached out for his hand, lacing their fingers together.

"You look beautiful."

A flock of birds overcame the sky as they migrated south, going in circles momentarily before disappearing into the distance.

Jeongguk kissed the side of his temple softly, hand wrapped around his waist as he sniffed at his hair.

"Come on, let's eat."