eight.

Taehyung was in awe at the sheer size of the prince's bedroom, eyes wide as he stared at the modern furniture that filled the room.

There was a canopy bed in the center of the room, black sheer curtains pulled to each corner to showcase the huge king-sized bed.

The lights were dim and everything in the room felt like an accurate representation of everything that he embodied.

The sound of a throat clearing behind him had Taehyung coming back to reality, jumping lightly and turning back to see Seokjin still standing behind him.

"The queen should be arriving shortly to speak with you about your marriage."

Taehyung swallowed harshly before he found himself nodding dumbly as he stood awkwardly in the center of the room.

"Do you need anything else?" Seokjin asked again when he realized Taehyung wasn't going to speak.

The little beauty cleared his throat lightly before he willed himself to speak.

"M-My bag." He said simply, feeling out of place entirely and he really just wanted his things.

"One of the maids will bring it up for you." He told him, watching as Taehyung nodded yet refused to make eye contact with him.

It had been years since Seokjin ever felt pity for anyone, yet there he was feeling sympathy for the little omega.

"Are you hungry? I can have someone bring you food."

But Taehyung was slowly shaking his head, making Seokjin eye him pitifully.

He hesitated for a second on leaving the room, feeling like he needed to say something to the omega.

He looked so small and uncomfortable, forcing Seokjin to probably break character and say something he shouldn't have.

"If you need anything, even just company, you can ask for me. My name is Seokjin." 

Despite his tone being professional, it was kind. Something Taehyung was surprised to hear but yet still grateful.

He slowly and very hesitantly began to look up, eyes starting from the bottom of seokjin's shiny black shoes to his ironed brown dress pants and beige colored shirt with layers of neutral toned clothes.

He was slightly confused because the other maids had not been wearing such fancy clothes and neither did they have jewelry like the beautiful necklace around Seokjin's neck.

By the time Taehyung finally got to his face, he was awestruck.

The male was beautiful, with flawless pale skin and pink plump lips.

His hair was nicely combed back, giving him a more sophisticated look and he was tall, incredibly tall.

He appeared to be around his age or just a few years older.

It made Taehyung wonder if he was from the royal family himself, seeing as he looked like he was being well taken care of in the palace.

And if Taehyung concentrated enough, he would be able to smell the faint scent of omega wafting off of him.

They were calming pheromones directed towards him, compelling Taehyung to finally make eye contact with the beautiful male.

It seemed like Seokjin had caught on to his confusion because he was then nodding his head with a small smile before supplying an answer.

"I'm the handmaid to the queen."

It made sense that Seokjin was well spoken and dressed in the finest of clothes.