Telling Ole' Dumbles

"Chocolate bean," Sirius told the gargoyle who immediately stepped aside to let us enter. I trailed after him up the stairs until we were standing outside of the headmaster's office. "Dumbles may I speak with you?" Sirius yelled slightly obnoxiously. It didn't seem to bother Albus Dumbledore who answered the door a moment later with the usual twinkle in his eye. "How nice it is to see you Mr. Black come in," He held the door open and I trailed after Sirius into the spacious office. Sirius wasted no time telling Dumbledore my story and at the end of it I took off James's cloak. "It is nice to see you again Miss Evans," Dumbledore said at the end. "I do believe that we can work a fidelus charm on your family's home. Of course Lily and yourself should probably go somewhere else over the holiday to be sure that Mr. Tom does not realize that they have knowledge of your whereabouts. I would say that you could continue your education, but considering that there is little left to teach you. I think I have another job for you. Mr. Black if you would please wait outside." I smiled nervously at Sirius who quickly exited to the hallway. "I take it you haven't told Lillian yet." Dumbledore stated looking at me for confirmation. I nodded curtly and watched as he scribbled a note and handed it to his Phoenix who flew off to deliver it. "I currently am in need of a little help doing odd jobs that are required for running this school. I hate to say it but Fawkes is tired of running messages back and forth." Was Dumbles offering for me to be his assistant? "Are you saying that you want me for the job?" I asked quietly honored. He nodded smiling, "If you wouldn't mind." I smiled and nodded quickly tearing up slightly. "Come see me tomorrow morning after breakfast.. You will have a seat at the staff table for dinner. You can go see your sister in Professor Mcgonagall's classroom now. She is expecting you." I smiled at the old man and rose to leave. "Oh and Aurora, Happy Birthday." I smiled even wider, "Thank you." By taking the stairs two at a time I made it to the Transfiguration room in record time. I ignored the looks of questioning students as I raced down the hall to my sister. When I arrived at the class Minnie and Lily were the only people occupying the room, and they seemed to be discussing something. I knocked politely on the door and waited for the kind yet strict old woman to answer it. "Aurora?" she asked shocked when she saw me there. I thought Dumbles said I was coming. Never mind. I nodded my head and she motioned for me to enter the room. Lily was sitting in a desk and did not look up when I entered. "Lily I would like to introduce you to an old student of mine..." Minnie began, but she was quickly interrupted by my sister's shocked gasp. "Aurora?!?" I nodded and she immediately tackled me into a tearful hug. "You have no idea how long I have been hoping to do that."