Chapter 14- Sports Festival 2

Izuku POV

I did it, and I made first place. I waited for the others, got yelled at by Kachan, tried to talk to Todoroki, but he just ignored me again. 

"Time for the Calvary Battle with the top 42 qualifiers," Midnight said, then gave another speech.

"Izuku! Who placed 1st in the qualifier is worth 10 million points!" She shouted, and I could feel people staring at me. She then said that we had 15 minutes to choose our team. I let out a sigh and was thinking. What can I do? I'm a huge target, and no one would team up with me.

"Izuku!" I heard a cheerful voice behind me.

"Let's team up!" Ochako said, and I nodded.

"I'll add you to my party set up," I said, and she got confused.

"It's apart of my quirk. Whatever boosts I have, you will have too. You are also able to use my weapons and gliders," I told her, and she was in awe.

"You stand out!" Ochako and I turned around.

"Team up with me, person in first place!" A girl with pink hair said.

"Um, who are you?" I asked

"I am Hatsume Mei, from the support course!" She said and took her goggles off.

"If I team up with you guys, I'll be looked at by everyone, right? If that is true, then my cute babies will be seen by big companies!! In other words, those big companies will see my babies!" She continued on and on.

"Support course develops equipment to help heroes!" She said.

"Well, I guess you could join us," I look at her.

[Name: Hastume Mei - Quirk: Zoom // Allows her to make her vision zoom in on whatever is in her line of sight. If she really focuses, she can see things as far as five kilometers.]

I added her to our party, and I looked around to see everyone is already teamed. Except for one person, or should I say bird? 

"Tokoyami-kun!" I said, and he turned around.

"Why don't you join our team? You'd be great for power!" I said with my arms up, and he nodded. I added him to our party, and we still had 5 minutes left.

I opened my inventory, and I gave everyone gliders just in case. I ate food that built our stamina, defense, and ATK. I looked at my stats and saw everything is good.

"Woah! I'm glowing!" Ochako said, and I chuckled.

"It's the effect of the food," I told her.

"I feel stronger," Tokoyami said, and I nodded.

"That's what it's supposed to do. What I just ate will increase all of our stamina, ATK, HP, and defense!" I told him, then we went into our positions. Mic counted down to 0, and everyone made their move.

They came to us, and it's a good thing I had my catalyst out, but they all rushed towards us so fast. Then the floor seemed to turn into quicksand. Damn it.

"Turn your faces, Hastume and Ochako!" I told them, and they did. I then used the jet pack that Hastume made and flew out of there. 

"Jiro!" I heard Hagakure shout. Jiro then used her quirk to try to snatch my headband.

"Darkshadow!" Tokoyami said, and Darkshadow defended us. We then landed safely on the ground thanks to Ochako and Hastume. 

Then two teams were charging after us, Shoji and another for 1-B. We were going to fly up, but Ochako got stuck. It turns out that Shoji had his teammates guarded safely. Then a tongue came flying by my face luckily; I dodged it. The more came, it was obviously Tsu and Mineta. 

"Izuku, we need to go!" Tokoyami shouted, and I pressed the button of the jet pack.

"My baby!" 

"Sorry, but we needed to get out of there!" I told her.

"Deku!!" I heard Kachan, and he was launching himself towards us.

[Hydro- Normal ATK: Whisper of Water]

I performed up to 4 water splash attacks that deal Hydro DMG to Kachan. His explosive hand then disappeared, and he was falling, but Sero used his tap and got him.

I heard the crowd cheer and shout. We all landed down.

"All we need to do is run-" All of us almost fell, and when I looked up, I saw Todoroki. 

"I'll be taking that," He said. Then before I knew it, all the teams were charging at us again.

Momo created a type of sheet and something to hold them on the ground. I could see Kaminiari getting charged up. This wouldn't be good for dark shadow. I needed to think quickly.

"Hide Darkshadow away," I whispered to Tokoyami, and he did.

Then Kaminari did his charge, and I did mine at the same time.

[Pyro- Elemental Skill: Jumpy Dumpty]

 Jumpy Dumpty bounces thrice, igniting and dealing AoE Pyro DMG with every bounce.
On the third bounce, the bomb splits into 8 mines. The mines will explode upon contact with opponents, or after a short period of time, dealing AoE Pyro DMG. Since Kaminiari used his quirk, which in my quirk is called Electro, it created an overload, which caused an even bigger explosion.

 I then pressed the button for the jet pack, but it didn't work. I looked up and saw Todoroki's team quite burned but still in good shape. He then froze everyone near him and charges after us. I summoned my sword to do an Elemental Burst.

"Hang on, everyone!" I shouted, and they clung to me.

[Anemo- Elemental Burst: Gust Surge]

Guiding the path of the wind currents, I summon a forward-moving tornado that pulls objects and Todoroki's team towards itself, dealing Anemo DMG each 0.5 seconds, 9 times. The moving tornado moved the team, and it was hard for them to stay in position.

"Wha? What's happening?!" I heard Kaminiari shouts.

"He's quirk! He must have used this on Todoroki and Bakugo on the race," Momo yelled.

"No, he used something else. Last time he used something that sucked us in and launched us back. This is like a tornado that won't launch us. Try to stay in formation, and we don't know how long this will last," Todoroki responded.

Todoroki POV

I can see that old man watching me. Don't mind him. How many more minutes do we have? 30 seconds!? Izuku said his quirk is RPG... RPG? I don't understand. It's supposed to be a type of game, but how does he have all of these moves? I trained my whole life for this... I guess some people were just blessed. 

The tornado disappeared, and we had 5 seconds to steal Izuku's points. We ran to him as fast as we could, Kaminari using his volts to speed us up. Soon, he hit a short circuit. So I had to rely on  Momo and Iida. I was so close to Izuku, but...

"Times Up!! Let's look at our ranks!! At first, we have Izuku's team! They were able to stay on the top! Next Todoroki Shoto, with the same number of points! Bakugo Katsuki in third and Tets- HUh!? What, it's Shinso's team!?" Mic Shouted

3rd POV

Izuku was walking to the cafeteria when someone walked up to him.

"Izuku, let's talk," Todoroki said, and Izuku nodded.

They walk to a secluded place, where no one is.

Izuku POV

Todoroki asked me to talk to him, well, not really asked. He told me to, but whatever. I wonder what he wants to talk about.

"So? What do you want to talk about?" I ask him, and he stays silent.

He then told me what happened when he was younger, and in all honestly, it was unfortunate.

"I know you are the most powerful person in our class, but I will rise above you with just my right side," He said, and I looked at him.

"I guess if you told me all of this stuff, I might as well tell you some of mine," I stretched my arms up, and he looked at me confusingly.

To Be Continued