Chapter 10

Shourya's POV

I know that she will not be able to complete that work.

Just wait and watch, Miss. Khushi Raichandr. You will regret coming here.

I heard knocking on my door.

"Come in," I said.

Here is our Miss. Raichandr entered  my cabin all scared. I am feeling so good to see her like that.

"Mr. Kapoor, here is the report," she said in a fearful voice, forwarding that file to me. I glanced at my watch and then glared at her.

"You are twenty minutes late, Miss. Raichandr."

She averted her gaze from me, "I didn't get enough time to ma-"

"I don't like to listen to any excuses, Miss. Raichandr," I raised my voice. She flinched a little, "if you don't know how to complete the work on time, then you can leave this job. There are lots of intelligent people waiting for this job," I said coldly.

"I-I am sorry, Mr. Kapoor. I will not make the same mistake again," she said, bowing her head.

It suits you, Miss. Khushi Raichandr.

"I will not tolerate that again. Now you can go. I also don't want to waste my time on useless people." Her head shot up and urt was evident in her eyes. "Why are you looking at me like that? Go now"

She nodded and left my cabin.

You just wait and watch, Miss. Khushi Raichandr, soon I will kick you out of my company.

Khushi's POV

How dare he call me useless again?

Today he gave me those two files to read and make a report, even knowing that I would not be able to complete that work within that short time.

I know something is cooking in his cunning mind. Maybe he is doing all this to kick me out of this job or to humiliate me in front of other people.

I was doing my work when someone knocked on my cabin door. I glanced at the door. John, Mr. Monster's PA, was standing there with bundles of files.

"Come in, John," I said, giving him a smile, and he smiled at me back.

"Khushi, here are some files that Mr. Kapoor asked me to give to you, and he also said that you should complete these files until the next day," he said, putting all the files on my table.

Oh god, is that monster mad?

"John, they are not 'some' they are too many files. How will I be able to complete those files tomorrow?" I asked him, annoyingly.

I am really fed up with that monster.

He shrugged his shoulders.
"I don't know, Khushi, it's a boss's order. I can't help you with this," he said, giving me a weak smile.

"John, is your boss having some mental problem?" He looked at me with wide eyes, but by looking at his face, I can tell that he was trying control his laugh.

"John, you can laugh, I am not your boss, who will fire you for laughing," I said, and he chuckled.

"Khushi, you are really funny," he commented.

I sighed. "You know, Jhon, one day your boss will surely make us mad like him by burdening us with work,"

"He is not that bad, Khushi," he said, which made my eyes wide.

Is he for real? Not bad...like seriously?

"After you complete these files, please keep them in the boss's cabin," he said and left my cabin.

God, why is that monster giving me so much work?
There are at least 20 files. How am I going to complete this work?

▪▪▪▪

"Khushi, are you not going home?" Zanvil entered my cabin and asked. I glanced at my watch, and it's already 6:00 p.m.

"I was so engrossed in my work that I didn't glance at my watch," I said, and I started packing my bag. I took those files too so that I could complete that work at home.

"Let's go" I said and we both came out of the cabin, and I closed my cabin's door.

"So, how was your first day of office?" He asked.

"Umm...it was good."

"How will you go home?" He asked me while taking out his bike key from his pocket.

"I will take a cab," I replied.

"Come, I will drop you," he said, starting his bike.

"No, Zan, it's okay. You go home. I will take a cab," I politely denied.

"Are you sure?" He asked me again to confirm my answer.

"Yes, Zan. I am sure."

▪▪▪▪

I rang the bell, and Divya opened the door. "Hi, Di!"

"Hi, divi, where is Mom?" I entered and sat on a sofa.

"Mom is in the kitchen," she said and sat beside me, "How was your day?" She asked me while turning on the TV.

"Tiring," I said, and got up from there to go to my room to freshen up.

After freshening up, I went downstairs to have dinner.

"Khushi, come, how was your day?" Mom asked me while she was keeping the dishes on the dining table.

"Tiring, mom," I said, taking the seat. Mom gave me a small smile and sat beside Divya.

After having dinner, Divya and I washed all the dishes. I gave Mom her medicines and went to my room to complete the remaining work.

I opened my laptop and started doing my work. I was feeling so sleepy because of my tiredness. If I do not complete his work, then he will get another chance to humiliate me in front of others.

While checking those files, my eyes started closing.

I want to sleep.

When I glanced at my bed, I felt as if my bed was calling me to sleep.

Poor me

It was 1:00 a.m, I went downstairs to make coffee for myself, otherwise, I would surely sleep without completing this work.

After making coffee, I came to my room and sat again to complete that monster's work.

Oh god, this coffee is also not helping me.

I glance at my wall clock. It was 2:30 a.m, and then I looked at the files that were remaining to check.

Thank God, only two files are remaining.

▪▪▪▪

Pheww....Finally, done with that devil's work. Now I can sleep peacefully, but it's 3:30 a.m, so I will get only 4 hours of sleep.

I turned off my lights and went to sleep. I fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow.

Hi guys,

If you liked the chapter then please don't forget to vote and comment.

Big hug

Stay blessed

Vel💕

In My Heart जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें