Chapter 14

Continuation

My phone rang with Nitya's name.

"Hello,"

"Hello Khushi, I went to your house to meet you, but your neighbours were saying that your mom had been taken to the hospital. What happened to Aunty? And how is she now? And how are you?" She fired questions one by one.

"M-mom is in the op-operation th-theatre" I said, between my sobs.

"Shh, baby, don't cry. Everything will be alright. I am coming there. Send me the hospital address." I nodded my head as if she could see me and hung up the phone. I messaged her the hospital address.

"Di, mom is going to be fine, right?" Divya asked me, wiping her tears.

"Yes, Divi, nothing will happen to mom," I gave her a side hug, and she rested her head on my shoulder.

"Divi, go and eat something in the canteen," I told her.

She shook her head. "No,Di, I am not hungry."

I stood up from the chair and started pacing from right to left. Every minute felt like eternity to me. Tears were continuously rolling down my cheeks.

"Khushi" Nitya came running and hugged me tight, and I hugged her back, crying. I am so much in need of this hug.

"Nitya, mo-mom i-is-" my voice broke.

"Shhh, Khushi, don't cry. Nothing bad will happen to Aunty, okay?" She said as  she wiped my tears away with her palms.

She made me sit beside Divya and turn towards her. She wiped her tears. "Divya, don't lose hope. Everything will be alright."

"Khushi, take this. I brought lunch for you both and also soup for Aunty. If the doctor allowed you to give her soup, then you can give it to her," she said, giving me a lunch box in my hand. I am so lucky to have a friend like her.

"Nitya, there was no need for that."

"Shut up, Khushi! I can do whatever I want for my friend."

I hugged her. "Thank you, Nitya!"

"No need for that, Khushi," she said, rubbing my back.

As the doctor came out of the operation theatre, we all stood up.  "Doctor, how is my mom? She is fine, right?" I asked him hopefully.
Nitya kept her hand on my shoulder.

"Yes, Miss. Raichandr, the operation was successful, and she is fine now, but you have to take care of her properly. She needs proper rest, and please don't give her any stress. She is weak now, but slowly she will recover from it." The doctor said.

"Can we meet her?" I asked him.

"She is unconscious now. For now, only one person can meet her at a time, but in the evening we will shift her to a general room, so y'all can meet her there," he said.

"Thank you, doctor! Thank you so much for saving my mom!" I thanked him.

He gave me a smile and said, "And also don't forget to thank Mr. Kapoor too."

I nodded, wiping away my tears.

Then I turn towards Nitya and Divya.
"Nitya, Divya, did you hear? Mom is fine." I said it more like a happy shout. Happy tears started flowing down my cheeks.

Divya came and hugged me tight and said, "Di, mom is fine." I hugged her back.

Thank you, God, for saving my mom... thank you so much.

Then I looked at Nitya. She was watching us with a smile on her face. She came and hugged me. Something was bothering her. I could see that on her face.

"Divi, you go and see mom," I said, looking at her. She grinned and went inside.

Nitya came and sat beside me. "Khushi, why was the doctor telling you to thank Mr. Kapoor?" She asked me, looking at me curiously.

Oh God, I didn't think this would come up. What should I tell her now?

"Nothing, Nitya. Actually he helped me with money." I told her the half-truth by fidgeting my fingers.

Please don't ask me anything else, Nitya please.

"What? Mr.Kapoor helped you?" She looked shocked.

I nodded my head.

"Now let's not talk about that. My mom is fine now. That's enough for me." I tried to avoid that topic.

Later, Divya came out.

"Divya, I will wait with mom. You go home now. Tomorrow you have college," I said to her.

She shook her head slowly, "No Di, I am not going anywhere, leaving you both here."

"Don't be stubborn, Divya!" I said in a stern voice. She looked at me for a few seconds, nodded her head, and hugged me saying, "take care of mom and yours, Di"

"You also take care," I patted her back.

"Nitya, please, can you drop her off at home?" I asked Nitya.

"Khushi, I am taking her to my home as I don't want her to live at home alone," Nitya said, looking at Divya.

"No, Nitya, it's OK. I will manage," Divya tried to deny her.

"No Divi! I don't want to hear NO from  either of you," she said in a stern tone.

God, she sometimes scares me with her glares.

Divya looked at me as if asking for my permission, and I gave her a nod with a small smile.

"Nitya, thank you for everything," I said, hugging her, tears forming in my eyes. I am very thankful to have them in my life.

"Khushi, how many times should I tell you not to thank me?" She was giving me a fake glare.

After some time, they took a leave, and I went inside to see my mom.

If you liked the chapter then please vote and comment.

God bless you all

Vel 💕