Chapter 26

"Wait, Shourya," Avantika stopped him before he entered the house. He looked at his mom, confused.

"Wait for Khushi. I want to do Aarti."

"Mom, I don't have time for all this," he said, controlling his anger, but one glare from Avantika was enough for him to shut his mouth. She then looked at Khushi, who was looking at them like a lost puppy.

"Come, Khushi, stand beside Shourya," Avantika said, giving her a warm smile.

She hesitantly took a small step and stood beside him.

"Welcome to our family, Khushi." Avantika gave her a hug.

"Thank you, Mrs. Kapoor," Khushi said.

After Aarti Shourya furiously went inside, he took his car keys and started going out of the house.

"Shourya, where are you going?" Umesh asked him.

"Dad, I have some work. And ya,  please don't wait for me. May be I will not come home." He said, glaring at Khushi. The shiver ran down her spine. There was only hatred in his eyes.

"But, Shourya," Avantika tried to stop him, but he started his car and went.
Khushi was witnessing everything, sadly. She wiped the escaped tear from her cheek. Avantika gave her a sad smile.

"Neha, take her to Shourya's room," Neha nodded her head and took her to Shourya's room.

"Jenny, please keep her luggage upstairs," Avantika requested one of the maids.

"I will help her," Rahul said, and helped Jenny put Khushi's luggage in Shourya's room.

Neha opened the door of Shourya's room and made Khushi sit on the bed.

"Bhabhi (sister-in-law), bro is a little angry now, but as time passes, he will understand and accept you," Neha said. Even she was angry at her brother for his behaviour.

Khushi nodded her head and gave her a small smile. Neha got up to leave.

"From today onwards, this is your room too, so feel free to do whatever you want, and if you want something,  just call me."

"Thanks, Neha"

Neha gave her a smile, left the room, and closed the door behind her. Sitting on her bed, she scanned the room.

Khushi's POV

The room is pleasant and comfortable, as well as neat and clean.

Maybe that monster knows how to keep his room clean.

There is a big, beautiful painting above the bed. There is no doubt everything in this room is speaking of luxury.

Suddenly reality hit me and fear took over me 'Today onwards I have to live with that monster in this same room'.
No..no ...no...god, god, please, help me.

Someone knocked on the door. I got up and opened the door. Rahul and one maid were standing at the doorway with my suitcases.

"Can we come in?" Rahul asked with a smile.

"Yes, Mr. Malhotra, please come in."

They both entered inside, and they kept my suitcases near the bed, and that maid left the room.

Rahul turned toward me. "Khushi, change your dress and take rest. You must be tired."

I nodded.

"Khushi, I am sorry for my friend's behaviour. I am really happy that Uncle has chosen you as my best friend's wife. I just want to say one thing. Please don't give up on Shourya." Sadness was evident in his eyes.