Chapter 46

Shourya's POV

It's been two days since that incident. At night, it's become very difficult to handle Khushi. She always wakes up with a nightmare. She cries in her sleep. She didn't try to harm herself again, but her nightmares don't allow her to sleep peacefully.

That pillow border doesn't help, in the morning, those pillows can be seen on the floor, and we end up cuddling with each other.

The feelings that I am experiancing these days are becoming stronger day by day. I don't know what to name those new feelings. Those feelings are foreign to me. When she smiles, my heart jumps seeing her smile and it makes my day, but when she cries, my heart breaks seeing her cry. I don't know what is happening to me or to my heart.

I think, I should visit a cardiologist.

I stopped Khushi from going to the office for a few days, and I also started to work from home. When Rahul got to know about Khushi, he was worried. He said he would manage everything in the office. He said he would come today to meet her.

When I went downstairs, Khushi was in the kitchen, preparing something. Nowadays, Jenny is not coming to work because her daughter is not well. So Khushi looks after the cooking, and I must say she cooks very well. Everything is just tasty. If she makes her tasty food everyday, then one day I will surely look like a potato, but I still can't ignore her cooking. I didn't stop her from cooking, because I saw her interest in it. If she keeps herself busy doing the work that she likes, then she will be able to keep her mind away from other thoughts.

"Hey, Khushi, what are you doing?" I ask, entering the kitchen.

"Umm... chicken biryani, Russian salad, potato 65, kadai panner, and fried rice," she said happily, and I was looking at her dumbfounded.

"Khushi, are you planning to invite the whole neighbourhood for lunch?" I asked her. She laughed at my question.

"Hey, do you forget? Rahul is coming for lunch," she said with excitement.

What is there to get excited about his coming....

I rolled my eyes. "So, this is all for him?" I asked, crossing my hands..

She nodded, smiling.

Why is she so excited to meet that idiot?

"Do you need any help?" I asked.

She shook her head. "No, it's almost done."

I nodded and went to watch TV.

I got a call from Khushi's mom.

"Hello, Shourya. How is Khushi? Is she fine? Why is her phone switched off?" She fired questions one by one.

Should i tell her about Khushi's nightmares? No, she will get worried. She is also not well.

"Hello, Shour-"

"Yes, mom, she is fine." I lied.

She is fine physically, but mentally she is disturbed, mom.

"Are you sure?" She asked doubtfully. "Please tell me truthfully. Don't lie."

"She is fi-fine, mom."

"Please take care of her and don't leave her alone." Her voice was filled with worry and sadness.

Did Divya tell her about the hospital incident?

"Ok, mom, take care."

"Ok, bye," she said and cut the call.