Chapter 21

Khushi's POV

When I was doing my work, Rahul knocked on my door.

"Hey, Khushi, how are you?" He asked, smiling at me.

"I am fine, Mr. Malhotra. Please have a seat."

He then took a seat.

"Khushi, please, can you give me Mr. Rajesh Sharma's file? I want to check it," I nodded, took a file from my drawer, and gave it to him. Suddenly, he grabbed my hand, and I gasped.

"Khushi, what happened to your hand, and why has it become red?" I tried to take my hand back, not because it was a bad touch but because I didn't want him to see it, and when he saw me struggling, he left my hand.

"Nothing, Mr. Malhotra, it's just-" I averted my gaze from him.

"It's just what, Khushi?" he asked, looking at me suspiciously.

"Actually, coffee spilled on my hand at ho-home." I lied to him.

"Then why didn't you apply ointment to it?" He asked, raising his eyebrows.

Now what should I say to him?

"I-I di-didn't get ti-time to apply the ointment."

He got up and brought a first aid box, which was kept on my side table.
"Now apply some ointment to it. See, your hand is swollen, and it's becoming red." He said handling that box. I saw concern in his eyes.

"It's OK, Mr. Malhotra. Nothing will happen...it will be OK" I gave him a nervous smile and opened my laptop to do my work, but he again grabbed my hand. I tried to take my hand back. As much as I know Rahul, he is not the type of boy who will flirt with girls and force himself on girls. He can be a funny type of person, but he knows his limits and is a true gentleman.

"Khushi, don't be stubborn!" He said it in a stern tone, glaring at me.

When I stopped struggling, he started to apply ointment to my hand.

"Khushi, you know, when I was small, I used to fall every time, and I always used to get hurt. I was scared of ointments because they used to burn my cuts, so wherever I got hurt, I  would hide it from my mom, but somehow, she always got to know, and whenever she used to come with an ointment in her hand, I used to run the whole house with my mom behind me."

The great Mr. Rahul Malhotra used to be scared of ointments.

I looked at him, and we both burst into laughter.

We stopped laughing when when we saw  someone clearing their throat.

Shourya came inside and asked us, glaring at me, whether he disturbed our special moment.

Now why is he glaring at me?

Rahul was saying something when he was interrupted by a phone call. He excused himself and went out of the cabin to attend the call, leaving Shourya and I alone.

I waited for him to talk, but no, he was busy glaring at me, so I asked him if he wanted something.

He said yes with gritted teeth and grabbed my arm tightly. It was so tight that I winced in pain, but he didn't let me go.

I don't know what his problem is?

He warned me to stay away from Rahul, but what he said after that shocked me.

He said that I was setting a trap to seduce his friend to take money from him.

Does he think that low of me?

Rahul came inside after attending the call and told Shourya about winning a deal. They both seemed happy, then Rahul turned towards me and said to take care of my hand. I thanked him and also congratulated him, and in return, he smiled at me and thanked me for congratulating him.

When he turned towards Shourya, seeing Shourya's confused face, he explained everything to him, and I saw a little guilt in his eyes, but he masked it away.

After Rahul went from there, I said congratulations to Shourya by extending my hand to give him a handshake. But he was looking at me all confused, as if I was talking some alien language. And instead of shaking my hand, and saying thank you, he just nodded and went from there.

Strange person.

I shrugged my shoulders and started doing my work.

         ▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪

"Khushi, see these lehengas? I like these three. Select one for you out of these." I was working on my laptop when my mom came with a lehengas catalogue in her hand.

"Mom, select whichever you like," I  said while typing on my laptop.

She kept that catalogue on my bed and sat beside me.

"Khushi, are you happy with this marriage?" Mom asked me with a worried tone.

NO

I wanted to scream and say a big NO, but sadly, I can't do that.

I kept my laptop aside from my lap and took mom's hands in mine. "Mom, I am happy with this marriage because I am going to marry the lo-love of my li-life. I am just busy with my wo-work," I said, giving her an assuring smile.

Khushi, how many lies will you say?

Mom smiled at me and cupped my face. "Khushi, I know. May God bless you with lots of happiness,"

Mom, I think God forgot to add happiness to my life.

I gave her a small smile.

"Ok then, I will select this lehenga for you." She showed me one picture of the lehenga.

"It's beautiful, mom," I said, looking at the picture.

If the situation were different, then I would be happy to select everything for my wedding.
I would have danced thinking I was getting married to the person I love, but everything is polar opposite here.

"Ya, and you will look beautiful in this dress," she said, stroking my head gently.

"Ok, now come downstairs to have dinner. I am noticing that nowadays you are engrossing yourself so much in your work that you are not even taking rest and not even eating properly," she complained.

What should I do, mom, when that devil assigns me a lot of work? That devil must be sleeping comfortably now after giving me so much work.

"Just a small amount of work is remaining. After I finish that, I will come."

"Ok, and yeah, tomorrow you and Divya are going shopping for your wedding. I can't come because I want to see other things also."

"Mom, you and Divya go. Tomorrow I have to go to work."

She raised her eyebrows.
"Khushi, tomorrow is Sunday, and if you have forgotten, then let me remind you. Tuesday is your wedding."

My eyes widened.

Whaaat? That means this week is ending tomorrow.

I composed myself from shock and said, "You and Divya do my shopping."

My marriage discussions make me nervous.

"You have to go. It's your own wedding. Nitya will also accompany you both."

I nodded, and she went from there.

Hey guys, I hope you all enjoyed reading the chapter.

If you like the chapter then please don't forget to vote and comment.

My silent readers, I also want you to tell me your opinion about this story.

Stay blessed

Vel💕