Chapter 29

Suddenly, my phone started ringing  'Neha'

"Hello"

"Hello, bro, how are you, and when are you coming home?" She asked.

"Neha, I am fine, and how is everyone at home?" 

"Everyone is fine here. We are missing you, bro. Rahul told me that you didn't even go to work after your marriage. Bro, please come home." Sadness was evident in her voice. 

All this is happening, because of that useless girl.

"Bro, tomorrow we are going back to London, as you know, my exams are starting next week. So, please, bro, come to meet us before we go back." Now she started crying.

"Shh, Neha, don't cry. I will come tomorrow. Please stop crying now and tell me when is your flight"

"Tomorrow at 3:00 p.m.," she said while crying.

"Ok, I will come. Now please don't cry."

"Ok, bye. Mom is calling me."

"Ok, bye, take care, " I said and cut the call.

It seems like, I have to see that witch's face tomorrow.

"What happened, baby? " Samaira asked me as she got up from my lap. I also stood up.

"Neha called, saying tomorrow they are going back to London. I mean  mom, dad, and Neha. So, I have to go home tomorrow." I don't want to see that witch, but it seems like I don't have any other option. But Samaira didn't say anything, which surprised me.

I thought she would get angry or become sad, but she didn't react.
She went to her room without saying anything.

These days she is behaving differently. I thought, but later I shrugged. Maybe I am overthinking.

Khushi's POV

It's been twelve days since I married Shourya. Since then, he hasn't come home or to the office. Mom and dad are very sad because of him. Neha is also missing him.

I freshened up, put on my pajamas, and came out of the bathroom. Mom was already there, sitting on the bed.

"Khushi, come; I was waiting for you only." She said, giving me a weak smile and got up from the bed.

"What happened, mom? Is everything alright?" I asked.

She cupped my cheek and said, "Yes, Khushi, everything is fine."

She then made me sit on the bed, and she also sat beside me.

"Khushi, tomorrow we are going back to London."

"What?"

Why are they going to London? What will I do here without them?

"Yes, Khushi. Neha's exams are approaching, and we also have to handle the company's London branch. So, tomorrow we are going back," she said, squeezing my hand lightly. Tears gathered in my eyes, thinking that they were leaving me here alone. I will miss them.

"Shh, don't cry, Khushi," I hugged her tightly.

I will miss them. Since I got married, they always treated me as their own daughter.

"I will miss you all, mom," I said between my cries.

"We will miss you too, Khushi," mom said, stroking my back. She then broke the hug and held my chin and made me look at her.

"Khushi, I want something from you," she said.

"Tell me, mom, what you want, and I will give you it to you." But what she said next made me want to take my words back.