Chapter 61

Continuation

"Diii!" Divya came running. They all lifted their heads to see her and Nitya who was consoling Ritik got up looking at Divya.

Divya ran towards Nitya. "Nitya, where is my Di?" She asked, panting heavily.

Nitya pointed towards the operation theatre.

"Divi, relax, nothing will happen to Khushi, okay?" Nitya tried to calm Divya.

"Here my Di is fighting for life, and you are asking me to relax?" She shouted.

All flinched at her sudden shouting.

"I want to meet her!" She was about to go towards the OT, but Nitya stopped her by holding her hand.

Ritik got up from his place, went towards Divya and hugged her. "Divi, I know my cutie pie. She will be fine," he said by stroking her back.

Shourya was just lost in his thoughts about Khushi. His heart was restless, his eyes were longing to see Khushi.
Tears were not stopping from his eyes.

"Divi, did you tell Urvashi aunty about Khushi?" Nitya asked her slowly. When Nitya called Divya for informing her about Khushi's accident, she strictly told her not to tell Urvashi because she would not be able to take it, her health is not good, and if she comes to know about her daughter's accident, it could become worse.

Divya shook her head saying NO.

The red bulb outside the operation theatre went off, and one doctor came out by removing his mask. Shourya ran towards the doctor. "Doctor, how is Khushi? Is she fine?"

Doctor took a deep breath and said, "she is out of danger. She had lost a lot of blood, and her blood is O-ve which is very rare and very difficult to get but luckily we had that blood."

They all sighed in relief.

Then the doctor continued, " It will take some time for her to wake up. Her head is injured, but don't worry, slowly it will be healed.  Her right leg has also got fractured, it will take some months to heal and here and there on her body there are some scratches which will be healed soon."

"Can we meet her now?" Ritik asked hopefully.

"No, we can't allow you to meet her in the operation theatre. After sometimes we will shift her to the general room, there you can meet her but only one person at a time," The doctor told them and left from there.
They all sat waiting for them to shift Khushi in the general room.

After sometimes they shift Khushi to general room.

"Shourya, you go first," Nitya said to Shourya. He immediately got up and went inside to look at his wife.

His heart broke looking at the injured Khushi who was lying on the bed. Her head, leg and hands were covered with bandages. Many machines were connected to her. Her face was pale, which was also covered with some bruises. He fisted his hands in anger and thought that he would not leave the person who did this to Khushi.

He went towards her with calculative steps. His eyes were not ready to see her in that state. Her beautiful eyes which always used to twinkled looking at Shourya were now closed.

He sat beside her and held her hand in his. "Hey, babes, I am so-sorry for not being there to save you..I am sorry. Please open your eyes. See, I am here... just give me one glance," he cried, kissing her hand.
"Please open your eyes," he continued, but there was no movement from Khushi.

"I will not leave that person who did this to you. I promise," he said in anger.

After talking with her for a few minutes, he got up with disappointment.