Chapter 41

Khushi's POV

My phone started ringing. I looked at the ID. It was 'mom'.

"Hello, mom"

"How is my daughter?" she asked me lovingly.

"I am fine, mom. How are you and Divi?"

"We are fine, Khushi. Khushi, listen, I called you to invite you both for dinner," she said.

"Ok, mom, I will talk to him," I said.

"Ok, bye, take care."

"Bye," I said and ended the call.

I want to go home, but not with that devil.

Khushi, you just inform him. He will not come. Why will he agree to come to my place? For him, my place is the dirtiest place.

I stood outside of his room and knocked once... no response. I knocked again. I heard him say, "Come in."

I slowly went inside. He was only in his pants and a towel was around his neck.

Maybe he was taking a shower.

Oh my god....those biceps and six-pack abs! .....god, he is really looking hot...

"Done checking me?" I came out of my thoughts and looked at him. He was smirking at me.

"I-i was no-not checking you," I felt embarrassed.

'Done embarrassing yourself, Khushi?'

"Ya, ya, I can see that," he said and chuckled.

I glared at him.

"Actually, I came here to tell you that my mom called to invite both of us for dinner. I know that you will not come, but I told mom that I would ask you. That's why I came here to tell you. That's all," I said and started going out when I heard him say, "Be ready at 8."

I turned toward him. "Huhh?....That means you will come?"

"Why? You don't want me to come?" He asked, raising his perfect eyebrows.

"No- no, I mean yes. I mean, no ....oh god," I took a deep breath. "I thought you would not come. I mean, you said that day that my house was the dirtiest place, so I thought...." When I reminded him of this, something flashed in his eyes-maybe guilt?

"Just forget this. I am coming there for aunty not for you," he said, turning back and taking out a t-shirt from his cupboard, and I left his room.

'Stupid Khushi, can't you just control your mouth? You spoiled his mood,' my mind scolded me.

But it's true, he only taunted me for my place. How can I forget those words, which literally pierced my heart?

I came to my room and took a little nap..

I got up and glanced at my watch. It was 6:00 p.m so there was still time. So, I started reading a novel to pass time.

I dressed up in crop top with a long shrug and black pants, applied my eyeliner and lipstick and went downstairs.