|24|

Nightmares overtook my night. I wasn't able to really able to get any real sleep- just seeing myself shoot the two men and Damien's dead body. I felt more tired after going to bed than when I got into bed.

Ace had breakfast waiting for me when I woke up as he didn't sleep either. Although he was cleaning everything up and re-securing everything with the help of Lucien and his men.

I walked to the breakfast nook in an old t-shirt and some loose shorts.

"Good morning kiska, how did you sleep?"

"Awful, as apparent from my appearance."

He chuckled at my sarcasm. "I like it, you look comfy. I especially love your natural face and messy bun."

I shot him a look and sat to eat.

"In all seriousness kiska, how are you?"

I shrugged. "Honestly, I'm kind of numb. I keep seeing all of their faces, but I also know that it was necessary. I'm hoping I'll forget about it or grow 'used to it'-"

"No!" Ace interjected, surprising me. "I don't want you to become used to it. You are sweet, caring, and still innocent and I would like to keep it that way. If you were to become used to it you would lose those qualities."

"Well yesterday didn't help my innocent-ness- I killed two people and watched as you killed my ex-boyfriend." Ace began to interject another time, but I beat him to it. "Yes, I know that all of this was necessary, but it isn't easy. How can you and your men do this all the time?"

He gave me a sad look, but more sad for me than himself. "Kiska, I never liked doing it, but I don't kill unless it is necessary and the last resort. But I wasn't ever innocent- and you know that."

"You know I'm not some sheltered princess Ace. We ran with the same people and did some of the same things. For heaven's sake we met at an illegal underground fight."

He chuckled. "Yes, but you never let that taint you and never allowed for it to dictate your life."

I shrugged. "What is your plan now?"

"We are going to go and flush out the rest of Damien's gang, his warehouses, and anywhere else we know he has contacts to. As far as you are concerned, you will remain here until we are sure that everything is safe for you to return to your apartment."

"Where is Poseidon? I haven't seen him since before the fight."

"Don't worry about him, one of the girls took him for a walk when the fight occurred and kept him away from any harm. He is at the groomers right now getting pampered."

I nodded. "Have you heard about my business?"

"Yes." He reached behind his chair to a messenger bag and pulled out a file. "Here are the reports from this week, a list of personal notes from my man, a list of employee evaluations-"
"Evaluations?"
"Yes, part fo why he is so successful in business is because he is constantly reviewing employees and making evaluations about them. It doesn't mean much but it shows how your employees actually work when you are not there. Anyway, he also has a few small questions."
"Questions?"
"Yes, just a few minor things- nothing too important."

I nodded and took the file from him and looked through it while he ate.

"How are the reports looking?"

"Everything seems to be in order, business is steady like usual. They seem to be gaining sales which is obviously great. Will you ask him what he is doing for marketing or in general to bring more people in?"

"Of course, would you like to just right a list of questions for him?"

I shrugged. "Sure, I guess I could."

Most of the questions he had asked were about certain employees and how to better connect with them. The employee evaluations were all great, like I thought they would be.

Ace and I were talking for a while before he excused himself to go attend to his business. And I went back to my room to try all I could to forget the previous night.

A few hours after doing menial things I heard scratching at the door. I figured it was my puppy so I excitedly answered the door.

"Poseidon! My baby!" He leapt on me licking my face as he did. As I was petting him I noticed he has a new collar on, and taking a closer look there was a note rolled into it. I unfolded the note and all it read was:

LOOK UP

I obeyed the note and looked up and saw Ace on one knee in a tux with a ring box. I slowly stood up and stared into his eyes.

"Ace? Is this what I think it is?"

"Kiska, I know this is terrible timing with everything that happened last night, but I couldn't wait a moment longer. I need you, I made the biggest and stupidest mistake I could have made three years ago. I don't know how I have managed to get you back, but know that I will never make that mistake or any mistake like it again. I promise to love and cherish you for as long as we live."

By now I had a few tears streaming down my face and falling to my shirt and to the floor.

"I love you more than I can ever express. So please, Elizabeth, moya lubov, please marry me."

All I could do was nod. As he began to stand up I threw my arms around him- nearly knocking him over.

He chuckled, "Moya lubov, I need to balance before you can throw yourself to me."

After a series of hugs and kisses we separated.

"You couldn't have at least waited until I was wearing something prettier?" I joked.

"You are perfect just the way you are kiska." He said as he kissed his nose.

A few weeks have passed since that day, and I still haven't done much planning as far as the wedding goes. I started to move my things into the mansion- although Ace and I will soon be building our own home. I also have decided to do a similar thing with my apartment as I did with my mother's home.

A knock came from the doorframe of our room.

"Come in." I said without turning to the knock.

Arms wrapped around my waist and I looked up at the culprit.

"Good morning kiska, everything coming along well?"

I smiled and nodded.

"Good, I'm glad." He unwrapped his arms and turned me to face him. "Look, I wanted to discuss an idea with you."

I nodded for him to continue.

"Well, I know that you and I haven't talked much about the wedding, but I wanted to know what your thoughts would be on eloping?"

I hadn't ever really considered eloping, but the thought intrigued me.

"Why?"

"Well, there isn't a real reason other than my impatience to be honest. I was thinking that we could elope, go on a honeymoon, and then have a reception-like party with our friends once we got back."

I took a moment to think about it, and consider it. I hadn't even thought about planning the wedding, and it would take a lot of stress away from me and Ace. I don't think my friends would be happy, but they would understand.

I smiled, "Let's do it."