|3|

I stood in front of him for what felt like hours, just looking at him and comparing him to the man I knew three years ago; but in reality, it was probably only a matter of seconds.

"Elizabeth." He breathed out, as if I was a dream he couldn't believe was real.

"Ace." I hadn't intended for it to come out harsh, but I guess I couldn't help it too much.

He brought his hands up to my face and I unintentionally flinched, which made him wince and drop his hands back to his sides.

"What are you doing here?" I asked but immediately chastised myself. He owns this place, where else would he be on a workday?

He smirked. "I own this shop kotenok. The better question is what are you doing here?"

"I-um-my friend wanted to come here to get her car looked at," I motioned to the car I was just in. "and she wanted me to come with her because it was an hour or so drive." I immediately regretted saying how far away I was.

"Is that where you went?" He asked with a tone of hurt, anyone else but I wouldn't have been able to tell.

"Yes."

"All this time, and you were just an hour from me, I-" He stopped himself and took a breath before continuing. "I haven't stopped thinking about you and loving you." His eyes now on my left-hand.

My anger surged. "Ace, you cheated on me all because I wanted to wait two weeks. Were you honestly thinking about me that day? I know you were frustrated with me because I wouldn't have sex with you but it hardly seems like you were thinking of me then. I haven't changed my phone number, you could have easily found me Ace."

"Kotenok, I regret that day every minute. I regret not having you by my side as my wife. Not waiting for a mere two weeks to have the woman I love. I regret the other choices I made that day that led to that awful mistake. And I most of all regret and torture myself knowing the pain I have put you threw the past three years. I can't bear to think about what you went through because of me."

My eyes were filled to the brim and some tears were spilling out.

"Ace-"

"You don't have to say anything moya lyubov. I know I hurt you and I know you don't reciprocate the feelings and thoughts.  It now that I know you aren't far from me I promise I will win you back."

"Ace, I'm with someone now, you can't just-" 

"You are mine kiska, you always have been and I will show you that." 

My breath caught in my throat. I couldn't say I didn't have feelings for him still. He was the only man I ever truly loved and truly cared for. 

He kissed my forehead but ended it so quickly I wasn't sure if it actually happened. 

All too soon I was missing the heat from his body, I didn't even realize I was that close to him. 

I briefly heard Grace trying to talk to me, see what was wrong, but I couldn't process. Having him say that was both a dream and a nightmare to me. I couldn't figure out what one I thought it was right now.

We drove back with occasional conversations, but with me so lost in thought it was hard. The only sign that I wasn't asleep was how I was twirling one of my rings around my finger.

When we got to my apartment I apologized to Grace for being distant and made my way up the stairs. 

I couldn't be like this around Damien, I don't want him to worry. I put a smile on and went through the door. I was glad to see that he wasn't home.